The Duck Thread

I'm also hoping with the 13 ducks I bought this year I can get a good ratio of ducks to Drake's. First batch was 3 and 3. I know outta the Cayugas I got last month at least one is a girl as she's starting to quack a bit, but not sure on others, yet.

The mystery one is only 4.5 weeks but is looking somewhat like a khaki cambell, but I'm still not convinced yet. The coloring she has is a bit more of reddish/golden. Not the same as my previous khakis, and a bit lighter, isn't fully feathered so not positive yet. I was wondering if maybe a mix like a golden hybrid or something. I guess we should know in next week or 2. I would post a recent pic but it's a monsoon out right now here in Ohio. Getting the rain from tropical storm Cindy last night and today.

Were out playing in the stupid rain here in NE PA. They are adorable. Had to choose between Cayuga and blue Swedish yesterday. Went with Cayuga. Can't wait! My feed store never has anything cool!

The Cayugas and Swedish came from Rural King who orders from townline and Hoover's hatchery. I can't believe the selection of ducks n chickens they've had last 2 years. It's fairly new store. Much better than TSC out here. I felt sorry for the first ducks we bought at TSC, was more of a rescue in my and my boyfriend's eyes. They just have no idea what they're doing there.

It's a good thing I am closing on sale of my house on July 31st. I live in a township on 1 acre that isn't as flock friendly as I'd like, but at least some are allowed. I go tomorrow to look at 3 houses I'm interested in. Pray with me that I find the one. I found a beautiful spot before but they decided not to sell so I'm on hunt again and feeling a bit constrained with time. All 3 are over 10 acres with plenty of room for my chickens n ducks to run n play. Also, with no zoning so have no worries about limits. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad considering my bird addiction....lol

Hey guys is this bumble foot?
20170623_160540.jpg

Back
Top Bottom