The Duck Thread

I didn't do too bad with straight run ducklings this year, thank God. I ended up with 5 boys and 8 girls. The 3 boys outta the first batch all get along famously...they crack me up with there low, soft quacks. They get going chattering to each other as if to be talking about the girls...lol. They pick a lil bit at the younger 2 boys but each of the younger ones have couple girls of their own breed they stick with. No major spats, yet. :)

Was trying to get some pics for the calendar but my camera isn't good enough and ducks wouldn't cooperate lol but it was kinda funny.
20170816_194037.jpg
20170816_193456.jpg
20170816_192858.jpg

So I went to my first fair since getting birds and was kinda freaked out by the conditions of some of the birds. The ducks were filthy. And is it normal for Rouens to have flabby chests. Is that an age thing?

Was trying to get some pics for the calendar but my camera isn't good enough and ducks wouldn't cooperate lol but it was kinda funny.
View attachment 1119431 View attachment 1119432 View attachment 1119433

Beautiful!! :love

Love the burrower, lol...

So I went to my first fair since getting birds and was kinda freaked out by the conditions of some of the birds. The ducks were filthy. And is it normal for Rouens to have flabby chests. Is that an age thing?

Do you mean where they hang low, big keel? Most Rouens available at hatcheries are production Rouens... Rouens bred to the standard are huge, boxy/blocky looking and their keels are extremely deep... hangs down between their feet...

Like these... *not my pics, off google*

rouen_2.jpg
rouen-duck-female-h4g0nh.jpg
1507791_750147658329668_771438808_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom