The Duck Thread

Drakes are very quiet...some mute. This is reason you can sex before Drake feathers come in...the boys, if they aren't mute, have a low whispery quack and girls have typical quack. So to answer your question, No males are not loud.

I don't know about runners but my two drakes are loud mouths! The girls are loud :when: they quack but the boys are constantly jabbing on!

Mine chat constantly but every Drake of every breed I've had has been raspy and considerably quieter than the females. Currently I have Runners, Cayuga and Swedish drakes. My Cayuga girls and Pekin are probably loudest.

Hmm... What do you have? I've never heard a loud Drake...chatty ones, definitely, but never loud.

My loudest one was a Pekin (deceased) his son a Pekin/WH mix is also quite loud and constantly talking, my new Pekin girls are loud when they talk. My mallard drake is always talking but not too loud. Mallard female isn't talkative and my WH female isn't real talkative unless she gets left behind and then you can hear her no matter where you are!

Here's video of mine this morning wanting to be let out! The loudest in this video is my mallard drake cuz he is ready to go!!
Also if anyone can id the breed on the white female I follow, she doesn't seem to have the same characteristics as my other pekin I'm wondering if she is something else.... (already asked the pekin thread) just got the two Pekins a couple weeks ago they are 7 months old.

I guess I'm just used to really loud ladies. I don't consider your boys or mine loud, talkative they definitely are but not loud...lol...too cute tho. My boys all get together and talk like that to each other..I think it's so comical to watch

hello everyone, got a quick question.

okay can ducks have leafs (like fallen leafs) we give them to the chickens to play in but am wondering if the ducks are allowed to have them as well?

thank you itsasmallfarm out.

Back
Top Bottom