The Duck Thread

05FC973C-B015-41D8-AD1B-2252028E9A2A.jpeg
958EFD33-F225-4C02-98C1-DCD74A03038B.jpeg
82AC4630-7AC6-4107-9F8B-66DF0F450904.jpeg
Here he is. Still trying to decide on a name. He hasn’t developed a curly tail feather yet so I think he’s pretty young, but I could tell he was a boy by his voice.

Why would anyone dump him, so sad. But such a nice Christmas present for him to be Home and with a bunch of ladies and a pond all his own. He has a smile on his face. :love

Didn't you say your in Fl? ever had alligators in your water? water moccasins? I am originally from Fl and I know they can be in just about any body of water there.

I know I can't believe someone would dump a cute duck like him. I've lived in Fl my whole life (I'm only thirteen) and we've never had an alligator in our small lake before. As for water moccasins, I've only seen two and they don't bother the ducks, geese, or me so all is well.

That is awesome no alligators. At my uncles in North Fla he had them in a creek behind his home. Pretty good size creek too.

Water Moccasins I can do with out, here in NC we have Copper heads but they don't come around much with all the birds and dogs to contend with.

I'd be so scared having alligators living right behind my house. Thankfully water moccasins are afraid of people so I don't see them a lot.

When we lived in Fl we did a lot of canoeing in the Ocala forest and we'd see Alligators a lot but they never bothered us what I was more scared of if our canoe tipped over was Alligator gar fish man they swim in big schools and look like something that could take a leg off, Doubt they would even attack but they sure looked scary.

When we lived in Fl we did a lot of canoeing in the Ocala forest and we'd see Alligators a lot but they never bothered us what I was more scared of if our canoe tipped over was Alligator gar fish man they swim in big schools and look like something that could take a leg off, Doubt they would even attack but they sure looked scary.

Alligator gars are cool and scary at the same time.

Update on the Jumbo pekin drake that I rescued. We were going to name him Theodore, but my dad didn't like it, so we agreed on naming him Hagrid because he is a gentle giant. His legs have gotten considerably stronger and he seems to be having the time of his life. He has starting developing his curly tail feather. Does anyone know how old he probably is? Here are some photos of him.

IMG_2809.JPG
IMG_2811.JPG
IMG_2812.JPG
IMG_2816.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2817.JPG
    IMG_2817.JPG
    964.8 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom