The EE braggers thread!!!

I've got no problem with someone calling them mutts, heck, I'm a mutt, or as I've called myself, a Heinz - 57 varieties
gig.gif
After all, folks, they're chickens, they lay lovely eggs, and they're adorable, doesn't matter what we call them.

Quote:
Not all EEs are a crossed bird. A lot are pure Ameraucanas that are not "standard color". My birds are pure Ameraucanas but arent of the 5 color varieties so I must call them EEs. None the less I am more proud to have an EE then an Amer. (less rules to obey), but please lets stay on topic so this post doesnt get locked. This is to post pictures and talk about our EEs (for those that have them, we know what they are) and not to have a discussion about what is what.

Good conversation...back to pics:

this is a little guy I have been on the fence about keeping. He is out of a BLRW roo and Wilma my EE/Cochin hen
16532_058.jpg

This is snowey and falcon
16532_snowey_and_friend.jpg

This is my the look I have nailed down pretty well, as I paste this I am watching tv with the Grandmom, Lisalynn, who is so wonderful
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

16532_045.jpg

Here is a pic of a full brother to top roo, blr lacing has improved a lot since this pic.I think BLR coloring on EE's would be really cool.
16532_great_iw_side.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Not all EEs are a crossed bird. A lot are pure Ameraucanas that are not "standard color". My birds are pure Ameraucanas but arent of the 5 color varieties so I must call them EEs. None the less I am more proud to have an EE then an Amer. (less rules to obey), but please lets stay on topic so this post doesnt get locked. This is to post pictures and talk about our EEs (for those that have them, we know what they are) and not to have a discussion about what is what.

you call yours mutts and ill call mine non standard ameraucanas

Someone asked if any other chickens have green legs. I have a BO/Dominique with green legs. I am putting her in with an EE roo since she turned out looking so much like an EE. Black and gold coloring and green legs.

Here she is as a baby.

They're lovely gals, ShiningFeather

These are 2 more of my EEs....

I call this little gal "miss goldie thing" since she has no real name.
smile.png
She was an Ideal chick
ee_hen121609-018.jpg

Our BA hen wouldn't adopt this EE along with some other Ideal chicks last season, so DH named her Orphan Annie
smile.png

ee_annie121609-017.jpg

Here's a pic of some eggs for color comparison. True Ameraucana eggs(left), BA egg (center) green EE eggs (right)
ETA: sitting on a black/white kitchen towel, white measuring cup for contrast
eggs_amer_ee.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom