~The Forests of Avalon, A Dragon Roleplay~ 2

Chandler rolled over and brushed the scraps of dead leaves and forest litter off his back as he blinked back the pain. His eyes widened in alarm as he spotted the burning splinters flying towards them and threw himself towards the stunned Coraline with a desperate shout: "Coraline!" He threw up his broad, thick wing and draped it over himself and her to protect themselves.

Coraline moaned beneath him as blood dripped from the multiple stab wounds across her left side. Droll's spines hadn't hit a major artery or vein, or pierced any vital organs, but her breathing was labored and slow, and occasionally she would cough deeply and spray out blood through her mouth and nose. "Chandler..." She rasped. "Let me up."

"No! Absolutely not!" He exclaimed, glancing down at her between winces as the splinters burrowed into the membrane of his wing. "Don't move Coraline, I have to get Kyra."

Coraline shook her head, a stubborn, determined glare forming in her eyes. Her struggles were weak at first, but gradually gained a small bit of strength as she pulled herself to a standing position. "I have to finish this."

Seeing his adversaries pinned down and injured as they were, Droll gave a menacing laugh and followed up with load roar. He began to slowly advance on Coraline and Chandler. He once again smashed his tail into one of the trees near him, but this time hit one with much softer wood; a large white pine. Instead of splintering like the first tree he had hit, this evergreen only broke into two large pieces-a top and a bottom-and tumbled through the air towards the two stricken Pelendavians.

(Not a problem at all train, I feel bad for not being on as much as I should!)

Tanis finally relaxed her wings and returned to a normal standing position, remaining on the cautious side though just to be safe. Karen didn't particularly strike her as "evil", or a typical Caronian, but that could be masked. "Pelendava is attacking Caronia." She stated bluntly, not seeing much point in trying to hide anything from this stranger. "If you have much of a mind for fighting, we could use an extra man out there."
(don't feel bad. everyone can only be on here as long as they can be on here.
hugs.gif
)

"I tend to try not to fight if I don't have to, but if it means saving lives, I'll help." She turned her head back and eyed her tail for a moment, then squinted at a small tree about 30 yards distant. "Let's see if my aim is still as good as before," she said as the spikes on her tail began to stand up on end. She whipped her tail around to the side and let about a half-dozen of the spikes fly off. The lethal projectiles reached their target in a flash. They sunk into the 5-inch-wide trunk in a line leading up from the base, with the last one hitting hard enough to split the trunk entirely. "Not too shabby," she said, clearly surrprised by her own accuracy. She jerked her head up and to the right, suddenly listening intently for something. She heard Droll's roar and then the crash as he turned the pine tree into a missile. Why does that roar sound so familiar? she thought. Then she remembered who it was that that roar was connected to and the horrible experience she had had with that dragon. "Come on," she said to Tanis, "If that's who I think it is, someone's in deep trouble right now." Then she turned and started to run into the woods where she had come from, hoping to go around and come at Droll out of the trees from the side or behind.

Last edited:
Seeing his adversaries pinned down and injured as they were, Droll gave a menacing laugh and followed up with load roar. He began to slowly advance on Coraline and Chandler. He once again smashed his tail into one of the trees near him, but this time hit one with much softer wood; a large white pine. Instead of splintering like the first tree he had hit, this evergreen only broke into two large pieces-a top and a bottom-and tumbled through the air towards the two stricken Pelendavians.

"Don't worry about that now," he gave her a hard, urgent shove as the tree shook and then began to fall. "MOVE!"

Coraline lurged forwards, relying heavily on Chandler for support as the pair stumbled out of the way just in time to prevent the tree from crushing their tails. The force of the impact behind them knocked them both off their feet and they tumbled head first across the bumpy ground, coming to a halt about twenty feet from where they had started.

Chandler cast a weary glance back at Droll to see exactly where their attacker was, then turned turned to help Coraline back to her feet. They weren't safe here, not yet. To his surprise, Coraline was already on her feet, and although a tad unsteady, she appeared to be standing without any assistance. "I won't run," she repeated stubbornly, squaring her shoulders. "I'm not a coward!"

(don't feel bad. everyone can only be on here as long as they can be on here.
hugs.gif
)

"I tend to try not to fight if I don't have to, but if it means saving lives, I'll help." She turned her head back and eyed her tail for a moment, then squinted at a small tree about 30 yards distant. "Let's see if my aim is still as good as before," she said as the spikes on her tail began to stand up on end. She whipped her tail around to the side and let about a half-dozen of the spikes fly off. The lethal projectiles reached their target in a flash. They sunk into the 5-inch-wide trunk in a line leading up from the base, with the last one hitting hard enough to split the trunk entirely. "Not too shabby," she said, clearly surrprised by her own accuracy. She jerked her head up and to the right, suddenly listening intently for something. She heard Droll's roar and then the crash as he turned the pine tree into a missile. Why does that roar sound so familiar? she thought. Then she remembered who it wasthat roar was connected to and the horrible experience she had had with that dragon. "Come on," she said to Tanis, "If that's who I think it is, someone's in deep trouble right now." Then she turned and started to run into the woods where she had come from, hoping to go around and come at Droll out of the trees from the side or behind.

(Thanks
highfive.gif
)

Tanis followed with a greater sense of urgency, she recognised the roar too, although for different reasons. She also knew who was in trouble, Chandler and Coraline were still there. Both learners were good for their age, and she didn't doubt their braveness or ability, but this opponent was beyond them. Hold on guys!

"Don't worry about that now," he gave her a hard, urgent shove as the tree shook and then began to fall. "MOVE!"

Coraline lurged forwards, relying heavily on Chandler for support as the pair stumbled out of the way just in time to prevent the tree from crushing their tails. The force of the impact behind them knocked them both off their feet and they tumbled head first across the bumpy ground, coming to a halt about twenty feet from where they had started.

Chandler cast a weary glance back at Droll to see exactly where their attacker was, then turned turned to help Coraline back to her feet. They weren't safe here, not yet. To his surprise, Coraline was already on her feet, and although a tad unsteady, she appeared to be standing without any assistance. "I won't run," she repeated stubbornly, squaring her shoulders. "I'm not a coward!"
"Stubbornness... ...can be very painful," Droll warned. He then repeated his earlier tactic of tail-smashing a hardwood tree and adding a ball of fire, sending another storm of foot-long, flaming spikes at the two young dragons he was fighting.

(Thanks
highfive.gif
)

Tanis followed with a greater sense of urgency, she recognised the roar too, although for different reasons. She also knew who was in trouble, Chandler and Coraline were still there. Both learners were good for their age, and she didn't doubt their braveness or ability, but this opponent was beyond them. Hold on guys!

(np
highfive.gif
its only what any kind-hearted person would say. Its just sad, though, how few good, nice people there are in this world. It's nice to know there's other people out there who care about something other than themselves)

Karen ran a little farther, then stopped very suddenly. She saw Droll slowly advancing on the injured trainees no more than 60 feet from her. She and Tanis, she hoped, were hidden from his four soulless red eyes by the thickness of the undergrowth, but she didn't know for how long. As she began to think out her strategy, she held up a wing to signal for Tanis to stop.

"Stubbornness... ...can be very painful," Droll warned. He then repeated his earlier tactic of tail-smashing a hardwood tree and adding a ball of fire, sending another storm of foot-long, flaming spikes at the two young dragons he was fighting.

Chandler threw up his wing a second time to shield Coraline and himself, the second wave of spikes finally managing to pierce at times, through the membrane and embedded themselves painfully in his skin. Once the wave was finished, he looked back at Coraline to help her to his feet, but the young dragoness was already standing. His wing burning like fire, Chandler was barely able to choke out a few, warning words to his companion, but she took no notice.

"Look Chandler," she hissed, a defiant gleam settling into her eyes. "Either you have my back or get out of my way." Setting her mouth in a hard line, she ducked past Chandler and launched herself at Droll, covering ground surprisingly quickly for someone as injured as she was.

Chandler cursed under his breath, a rare occurance for him, and followed Coraline. She was going to get them both killed, but he couldn't abandon her.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom