The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I never had any in my strain either over Many Years, Either until I put the Watford Birds into my line. I really liked the OLD Style English type on those Watford Birds. I had the Stubs fairly well out of them when Bill Bacon got the Best of them Back. I will eventually get them eliminated again. I am not a big fan of the Currently shown SOP Birds. I would bet all the people who crossed Sacre Birds onto Don's have NO Problems with Stubs. Doesn't seem to be in Sacre Buffs.

Bryce asked to see my LF Chocolate pullets. The pullets are crossed from my split rooster from Bryce to Marc's hens. The father is a direct import from Bryce as is the hens from Marc as I understand. The first pic is one of my LF Chocolate roosters from Bryce. The pullets are from my own breeding. The last pic is one of the Momma hens from Marc. She is black, though the lighting makes her seem a little chocolate.

These are my youngest girls.

Very nice birds. I really like the color on the Roo.
Vivi

I never had any in my strain either over Many Years, Either until I put the Watford Birds into my line. I really liked the OLD Style English type on those Watford Birds. I had the Stubs fairly well out of them when Bill Bacon got the Best of them Back. I will eventually get them eliminated again. I am not a big fan of the Currently shown SOP Birds. I would bet all the people who crossed Sacre Birds onto Don's have NO Problems with Stubs. Doesn't seem to be in Sacre Buffs.
No stubs in that program. Don's Buffs are very nice type and weight. My Roo Okie he sent me throws really nice babies, nice big heads, good confirmation.

Vivi

Bryce asked to see my LF Chocolate pullets. The pullets are crossed from my split rooster from Bryce to Marc's hens. The father is a direct import from Bryce as is the hens from Marc as I understand. The first pic is one of my LF Chocolate roosters from Bryce. The pullets are from my own breeding. The last pic is one of the Momma hens from Marc. She is black, though the lighting makes her seem a little chocolate.

Nice birds Alton... love your birds. :)

Yeah you and Renie should be good with that Cross when it comes to Stubs. I don't mean to say I have a big problem with it in My line either but it does show up on occasion as well as a Yellow Legged one if you hatch out about 250 of them and I know for Fact No Rocks in the Blood for Many Many Years.

Yeah you and Renie should be good with that Cross when it comes to Stubs. I don't mean to say I have a big problem with it in My line either but it does show up on occasion as well as a Yellow Legged one if you hatch out about 250 of them and I know for Fact No Rocks in the Blood for Many Many Years.
No problem Hon. Many breeds pop up with strange things every now and then.

Vivi

It sure does not bother me. I have on occasion eliminated entire Groups of Birds out of Cockerels that threw a high percentage of Stubs. I am always more Focused on Type than anything else.

Great looking birds!

Hello, I've only posted a few times on this thread since I'm usually on the Indiana thread, which is on steroids. One of our/your members, Kiniska, told me about this thread. Anyway, I thought English Orpington lovers would appreciate this video.

Fluffy Feathers Feature Film
A close-up look at English Orpingtons

My son, Max, took this video on his new iPhone5s that has an improved slow motion video at 120 frames per second. It's perfect for examining the fluffy feathers of English Orpingtons! He posted the video of my English Jubilee and English Chocolate bantam orps on youtube:

It sure does not bother me. I have on occasion eliminated entire Groups of Birds out of Cockerels that threw a high percentage of Stubs. I am always more Focused on Type than anything else.
Yes, Sir type then everything else will follow. Over the years I have learned from breeding my RIR, and Buffs. Many issues occurred when confirmation was pushed aside for utility reasons. I nearly lost my original American line of both d/t mountain lion. I recovered with help from Don, Cathy, and Mr. Fanagan.

VIVI

Back
Top Bottom