The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Funny thing on the Aussie's, A few of us OLD SCHOOL Orp Breeders referred to them as Black Orps without Type. One really Good Breeder called them **** Black Barnyard Chickens or Crows. I am sure that would stimulate an Australorp Breeder but they are always your competition and there are some good ones in your neck of woods.

i just lay down newspapers in the van..set up cages in there to go..it has plywood painted floor as its construction van..but i have seen some pretty fancy haulers out there..jan brett has one of the nicest chicken hauling rigs i have ever seen..think its a horse trailer tricked out for show poultry complete with proffessional farm logo....trailer matches the mercedes suv to haul it..some are fancy. some are cardboard boxes in the back of suv..around at different shows there was a home made box on wheels that was handpainted with farm logo..cute, very folk art,but looked like a very rough ride for the birds..no shocks on it so must have bounced all the way to the show..

LL

Perhaps the front bird is a mix of the of an NH like bird behind him and a buff orp?? I have not heard of the variety "Sunset" Orp....please do tell.
wink.png

Funny thing on the Aussie's,  A few of us OLD SCHOOL Orp Breeders referred to them as Black Orps without Type. One really Good Breeder called them **** Black Barnyard Chickens or Crows.    I am sure that would stimulate an Australorp Breeder but they are always your competition and there are some good ones in your neck of woods.

they were created from blk orp, leghorn, langshan and one more thing i think..real good looking birds when they are well bred..real dogs when they arnt..yep they have meets for them over here..they come out of the woodwork for those meets..one year there must have been 40 or so..some years lots and some years a few..whitney dominates the english ring with his..from maine to dc, virginia, and inbetween he wins..he was just crazy about that buff..such a gent..he said..you just keep breeding birds like that bird Lynne..and jeees thats a good bird..told him its not my work, but my foundation..he goes to win these things..i dont think he thought i would ever get past him.to the blue..ive taken a couple red ones ..but he always takes the blue, asiatic and english..not a real huge class but some good birds..suprising number of blue and blk orp showed up..not sure about the spelling, i thought they were mills bred? and dinsey? ..not sure who they are.. ..they came out from midwest and ohio..b.whitney sneeked up behind us when we were looking at him on the row, and said..it feels reeeeaaal good doesnt it..yes indeed it did..

Last edited:
Some of my Babies. BLC, GLO, Split English' and Silkies, Brahamas, Delawares. Enjoy, Lots more to foloow......

Vivi
Pretty buff orp babies. I always liked hatching silkies too when used show them. They are so cute with those little top knots. I gave them up for Orpingtons. It was a hard decision but I never looked back

Back
Top Bottom