The Martini Thread

yuckyuck.gif

Ok............now I'm in. Hubby likes them "down and dirty" I like a "Mr. Big" or a Watermelon Mart. NEED a recipe...anyone? for the Watermelon martini that is!

This is the best!!! I like my martinis very dry and very cold w/ extra olives...shaken not stirred of course!!!!

You all might like to try this recipe for Pom Margaritas:

2 jiggers good tequila
2 jiggers triple sec
1 jigger Rose's Lime Juice
1 jigger pomegranite juice
the juice of 1 lime

Shake with ice until very cold. Makes two vey generous margaritas!!!!!

FYI I use "dogpile" search engine. It encompasses all the search engines. I typed in watermelon martini recipe

1 cup watermelon, seeded and diced
1 1/2 ounces currant flavored vodka
1 tablespoon orange flavored liqueur
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon creme de cassis
Pickled watermelon rind, for garnish
Directions
Puree diced watermelon in a food processor. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Fill martini shaker with ice. Add all ingredients and shake vigorously. Strain into chilled martini glass and garnish with pickled watermelon rind

How in the world did I miss this thread???!!!! Give me a good pomegranate martini any day. I absolutely love the one you guys are talking about from Oprah!!! Also, a co-worker gave me a bottle of homemade Lemoncello for Christmas. I searched it on the internet (Ozark - I use Dogpile all the time, too - have for years) and found out that it's a mainstay in Italy. It's lemon-infused vodka and it's delicious! I put it in the freezer and got it really cold, then shook it with ice and cranberry juice! OMG!!!!! I think I will try to make some one of these days. There are tons of recipes on the internet. Yummmmy!

Last edited:
Now folks will ask, how do you like retirement? What are you doing??? I will say, hic...I'm raising martinis!!!!!!! I don't need another addiction
lau.gif
I have heard Giada(food network) talk of lemoncello but never had it. Tell me about the homemade lemoncello PLEASE.
droolin.gif

Well, you take lemon peel and steep it with vodka for about a week (d/o which recipe you read!). I think I misspelled it, it think it's actually Limoncello. Anyway, I forgot to mention that you add simple syrup when you drink it. The Italians seem to drink it straight, but it's pretty strong. If you go on Dogpile and search it, you will find tons of info on it. I've read quite a bit on it, and it doesn't seem hard to make at all. You can also buy it, but I have no idea which brands are good. I just know that when you mix it with simple syrup and cranberry juice it's to die for!!!!!

Belvedere, dah-lings, when I'm feelin' fat in the checkbook.... pour over crushed ice with a tiny - and I do mean tiny - splash of cran-raspberry (don't tell my kids that I'm stealn' their juicie) just to make it pink with a twist of lemon peel. Serve in an up glass when you need to feel like a grown up.

And BTW, Svedka vodka is delicious.

cheers!

Back
Top Bottom