The Middle Tennessee Thread

I have not been on in a while, but one of my hens is seriously broody (no roosters here...) wondered if anyone could spare a couple of hatching eggs? I would just like to see what will happen, if she will set them or not, etc. I'm a first-time chicken keeper & enjoying learning how these birds work.
Thanks.

Pm me..... I have LOADS of eggs.

@ n3kms, right now I am slowly switching chicken breeds to the Speckled Sussex, they were my first breed I few years ago, and they are my favorite. I also am breeding Black Bantam Cochins, second favorite!
big_smile.png

@ Raven1, crazy is good! Lol

@ BitByChickenBug, to me, see looks egg bound, and soaking her in warm water is a great idea. I had a egg bound hen, and I soaked her a few times a day, massaging her backside to relax her & help the egg through, and she was better in no time! But, if it's an infection, I bet soaking would help too.
hmm.png

Good luck with your hen, hope she gets better!

Adding salt to the warm water will help with either bacterial or yeast infection. Salt will kill the organism as well as help reduce the swelling.

all I did was ask if anyone had some muscovie ducks in MO they would consider parting with....

hu.gif

Well I think someone was just being extreme. I find nothing wrong with just the question being asked if you conduct all the responses by PM. That is just me personally. You were asking for information on who had some available to sell (not the same as who might be listed already but someone had some that they hadn't official posted yet). So I don't think that it was over the line.

Pop quiz! Found this little nugget on my droppings board this morning! Did someone pass their ovary?! Lol what the heck is this?

It is an egg yolk with out the rest of the egg! Something went wrong in the formation. Make sure your nutrition is good. Do you have an older hen? In all females of any species, the older you get the greater the chances of of the egg cells being damaged/deformed/DNA code corrupt.

Does anyone have a small chicken tractor they want to get rid of for free or cheap? Getting some new hens that I need to isolate for the 30 days. There is no way to do so in our coop. The last ones I got I ended up just putting in with the others, which I know isn't ideal. But I also don't have money to get a new tractor!! Message me if you have anything!

Last edited:
I am working on the Million Dollar Yard Sale in Sparta, TN that will be Saturday October 4th from daylight to dark it runs through White County on Hwy 70. I am trying to form a section just for animal traders and people with animals who want to set up and sell. I was just wondering if anyone here would be interested in setting up and selling their animals. I think it is going to be a lot of fun.

We welcome anyone so if you would like to set up with stuff to please let me know. We are desperately needing craft vendors. In one week of sign ups we have over a 100 spots given away. Their is no set up charge so anyone wanting to set up please let me know.

If you can not set up just make plans to come and look. It is going to be a lot of fun people from all over the country come to check this out every year.

I would really like an animal trade section please let me know if you would be interested in doing that. Thanks so much.

My story about how Lots 'A' Cluckin' Farm stared, was published in this months edition of Hobby Farms Magazine! July/August edition! My story is on pages 6 and 7!
https://www.facebook.com/LotsACluckinFarm

If you read my story, the project lavenders that are mentioned are no longer projects they are pure lavender orpingtons! Also in addition to the BBS and Lavender Orpington eggs I will also be offering Chocolate and Jubilee Orpington eggs for sell in early spring 2015! All of my Orpingtons are English!

You can subscribe by visiting their page! Or you can purchase the magazine at pretty much any magazine rack! (I know for sure TSC carries them!)
http://www.hobbyfarms.com/hobby-farms-table-contents/july-august-2014.aspx

My story about how Lots 'A' Cluckin' Farm stared, was published in this months edition of Hobby Farms Magazine! July/August edition! My story is on pages 6 and 7! [COLOR=3B5998]https://www.facebook.com/LotsACluckinFarm [/COLOR]
If you read my story, the project lavenders that are mentioned are no longer projects they are pure lavender orpingtons! Also in addition to the BBS and Lavender Orpington eggs I will also be offering Chocolate and Jubilee Orpington eggs for sell in early spring 2015! All of my Orpingtons are English!
You can subscribe by visiting their page! Or you can purchase the magazine at pretty much any magazine rack! (I know for sure TSC carries them!) [COLOR=3B5998]http://www.hobbyfarms.com/hobby-farms-table-contents/july-august-2014.aspx

[/COLOR]
THATS SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

I am working on the Million Dollar Yard Sale in Sparta, TN that will be Saturday October 4th from daylight to dark it runs through White County on Hwy 70. I am trying to form a section just for animal traders and people with animals who want to set up and sell. I was just wondering if anyone here would be interested in setting up and selling their animals. I think it is going to be a lot of fun.

We welcome anyone so if you would like to set up with stuff to please let me know. We are desperately needing craft vendors. In one week of sign ups we have over a 100 spots given away. Their is no set up charge so anyone wanting to set up please let me know.

If you can not set up just make plans to come and look. It is going to be a lot of fun people from all over the country come to check this out every year.

I would really like an animal trade section please let me know if you would be interested in doing that. Thanks so much.

I would like to sell Some Chickens and Mini Donkeys

Back
Top Bottom