The Middle Tennessee Thread

I am lighter in the Black Eng Orp Department! Yeah! 2 more left. One hen and one pullet with a broken toe or something. I moved her out back the other day and today she had a messed up foot IDK what happened.

Now I can work on the choc and getting them moved out. I don't need 15+ choc pullets
he.gif

I hope I can move in the morning. We shoveled a pen that we have not worked on the run in about a year OMG that was hard work and we are only 2/5th finished but that was the hardest part. Wish I had some sand to throw in there to keep it a little looser. Maybe after I sell a few more birds we can get a truck load again. Last time we hubby brought me over 5k lbs in a half ton truck LOL. We have a trailer now so I can get my full $30 worth of sand hehe.....

You need to borrow Raven's pigs for a day and let them root up the tough ground.

My pigs would do it but it would take more then a day. That is one of the good things about the mini's they just don't root as much as other pigs! I still have 2 left from this current litter 1 boy and 1 girl.

The pink one has a deposit and is going to KY. to live.

Shovels and a grubbing hoe. Might be what you are calling a pick. We break it up then shovel it out. I want to add some sand to help keep it loser.

No pigs for me Becky. Not yet.

Shovels and a grubbing hoe. Might be what you are calling a pick. We break it up then shovel it out. I want to add some sand to help keep it loser.

No pigs for me Becky. Not yet.

This is what I am talking about. It works marvelously on this clay soil. Of course it helps if you can get a full swing on it (6 to 8 feet depending on your height). If you have roofs on your pens that may be harder. You would have to swing on a diagonal rather than 90˚.

Last edited:
Quote: It is similar. Looks like what you showed has a longer spike on it. We have a roof but we can get it down several inches maybe 8. Plenty deep for what we need. I am adding lime as we go..... I have some ashes too but I don't think that would help anything. Next we have to STOP the rain from coming in that pen AGAIN. No idea why it is so bad again. We need to redo the trench and put a french drain in maybe. Clean the gutters, gutter guards maybe and holes in the tin roof too. It has been a mess in all this rain.

http://www.amazon.com/Truper-31638-...8&qid=1405698728&sr=8-7&keywords=grubbing+hoe

My pigs would do it but it would take more then a day. That is one of the good things about the mini's they just don't root as much as other pigs! I still have 2 left from this current litter 1 boy and 1 girl.

The pink one has a deposit and is going to KY. to live.

I will swap you a Mini Donkey for them

Back
Top Bottom