The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hum.... you need to work harder!  LOL......  When we left the farm my phone said it was 69.... WHAT???? but when I took my shorts off they were soaked with sweat!  STILL!  I did muck today some.  4 wheel barrows full.  Going to take it easier tomorrow, just moving birds and feeding a few pens. 

LOL... No worries, I have lots to do in the morning. I have to clean out the goat house and build a stall for the ducks to be put in at night before Winter creeps up on us. The chickens took the duck area over and the ducks have been free ranging with the goats.

WOW the weather is making a huge change this week! How nice is that going to be?????
The cooler weather is ok. I just hate when it starts to get dark earlier and earlier. I'm outside from sunup to sundown most of the time. When it gets dark so early I get so bored. I guess because I hate watching TV. But there's nothing else to do.

I have 12+ Australorp hatching eggs ready to go today for $12. They should all be black. I have my juvenile Aussie cockerel in with my black Aussie hens and my blue Aussie pullet and blue Orpington pullets. The blue Aussie is laying small pullet eggs and the Orpingtons aren't laying yet, so it is extremely unlikely that you would hatch out any blues, but if you do and wanted me to buy them back, I will.

I've checked the fertility on the eggs and it's been over 90%. He is a beautiful boy.

If you want the eggs, please PM me. I've got a new job and I can't check this thread daily.

Great timing on the cool weather! We lost two girls this week and an extra cockerel last week to a bobcat. We have a little extra $, so my sweet hubby finally decided to build me a Taj MaCoop with a huge attached run. He and my dad worked on it yesterday evening and all day today. They still have a long way to go. I'm so egg-cited! We are over-building for our small flock. Once we merge the littles in with the big girls in the new house, I'm converting the big girls' temp coop into a quail house. Does anyone know what I need to do to make it quail-ready? Spray it down with a bleach solution? (I'm going to build several cages to hang in the old coop, so they won't have direct contact with the walls, floors, or any old bedding.)

Last edited:
My Granddaughter came over today she loves to put eggs in the incubator and take chicks out. She found an egg form a hen that wasn't with a Rooster. I said we would eat it, she wanted to put it in the incubator. I made the mistake of saying it was not fertile. Did you ever try to explain fertile to a three year old.

My Granddaughter came over today she loves to put eggs in the incubator and take chicks out. She found an egg form a hen that wasn't with a Rooster. I said we would eat it, she wanted to put it in the incubator. I made the mistake of saying it was not fertile. Did you ever try to explain fertile to a three year old.

HAHA... we just watched a Magic School Bus about that. I even pulled an egg out to show them what they were talking about. It i on Netflix if that than helps. I think it was the fourth season and the title was something about a YOLK.

Back
Top Bottom