The Middle Tennessee Thread

Ok! Just jumped from the tn thread to this one! I live in Cunningham tn...between Nashville and Clarksville! If any of u lives on hwy 48 near Charlotte and lost a chicken today, i saw the culprit...it was a coyote and in the middle of the day...around 12:45 this afternoon! It ran right out in front of me on the road and headed across the field across the street! Blew my mind!

Ok! Just jumped from the tn thread to this one! I live in Cunningham tn...between Nashville and Clarksville! If any of u lives on hwy 48 near Charlotte and lost a chicken today, i saw the culprit...it was a coyote and in the middle of the day...around 12:45 this afternoon! It ran right out in front of me on the road and headed across the field across the street! Blew my mind!
your story is why I have a standard size donkey!

your story is why I have a standard size donkey!
Do donkeys keep the coyotes away ?
idunno.gif

I have a mule in my field! It's not mine..it's my neighbors but we let them put a fence up around our field for their horses and the mule and the built the fence where i can put some goats in with them when I decide to get some cuz i really want some goats! And yes! Donkeys and mules will kill coyotes if they can get ahold of them! The r great for protecting the farm!

I saw some of the biggest buff orphington Roosters I have ever seen at an APA show in Lawrenceburg TN today. My Bielefelder is around 12lbs these were alot bigger their size was unreal they had to be above standard weight.

Not mine... But we did lose 4 Aussies today :(

One of the 5 must have gotten away as I found her hiding in the bushes. The culprit tore straight through 1/2inch mesh hardware cloth. I caught a picture of a dog on a different part of our property on a trail camera. Color matches the hair I found in the mangled HW cloth. It left 3 hens to die. 1 is missing (presumed dead) only had the one scared and luckily it wasn't physically injured.

Sad day... The SO didn't see the carnage (lucky) but took it very rough as these were the first that we had raised from chicks.

Makes me angry... Almost like the dog killed just Bc it could. Crazy it went through the trouble of tearing through the HW cloth. Trail camera is now on the coops; will be taking extra precautions in the following days/weeks.

That's truly a bad sight to see, so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

My donkey will sometimes go after the neighbors dog when it gets in the pasture, sometimes not. Dogs usually play the birds to death, meaning not to eat them. Other wildlife avoid our pasture just on smell and sight of the donkey, I have fencing and netting to do the rest. Without him the wildlife could run around the pens to the point of the chickens hurting themselves or breaking a neck from fright.

Back
Top Bottom