The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
It automatically over rides the OEM thermostat. You can get one with two temperature probes or like mine just the one temperature probe. I can run two incubators off the one unit but it controls the temperature in both according to the one that has the probe in it. It holds temperature at exactly where you dial it in for both units. It also has separate channels to set a different temp from the first channels temp....does that make sense or am I not explaining things well enough?

It's well worth the money, I set the temp and forget! I have very accurate antique mercury incubator thermometers in the bators and they read 'dead-on' ....I set my 4250 incubators at 100°F, instead of 99.5°F, they remain constant throughout the incubation process.
View attachment 3605579
I followed that. You explained it well and I know a bit so.....
I remembered decades ago I had a gqf sportsman. It was set up with two wafer thermostats so if one failed the other would keep it running.
I figured from your post you didn't disconnect the incubators so maybe it was running simular to that old sportsman.
I've always stuck with the gqf wafer thermostats even with homebuilt incubators. For me they've always been so reliable. You of course have to dial them in at first but after that I've ran the same ones year after year without touching them.
But hey it's 2023 and I'm stepping out of my normal with some of these new fangled incubators so never know maybe some new fangled thermostat will be in an upcoming project or something.
Thanks for the info.

Just put the maticoopx into lockdown. I think hatch is still 3 and 1/2 days out but.....
I put seperate gauges in this morning and all day the temp as been an exact match. Incubator humidity has been reading 3% higher then my gauge does but I haven't calibrated mine in a minute so no guarantee it's not mine that's off. Too close to worry about ATM.
It's not even dark here so I couldn't candle as well as usual and just tossed 3 clears. I may have some quitters in there. May also candle again later but knowing me that's probably not gonna happen. Still have my regular weekly eggs to candle and move to hatchers still.

I use this one as well I just have the 8 chicken 30 something quail egg size I hatch quail so that’s what I use but the quail turner does not work so I rigged up the chicken egg turner with tooth picks. My first hatch with it went with a 80% hatch rate my second hatch is underway going into lockdown on July 1 so hopefully this one goes well right now 11/12 are developing. And for $50 it’s worth the price.
Well another quail hatch right now using this day 6 28/31 developing 3 clears that we’re not fertile at all.

@Hedgeland Farms
I can't remember if I set these to hatch Sunday evening or Monday morning. Display says...
20230811_154146.jpg

but look.....
20230811_153222.jpg

I don't think so because I always do dry hatches.
My regular weekly hatch in my big incubator also hatched a few already. I'm gonna blame how hot it's been here. 3 weeks ago we were in the upper 90°s low 100°s. Between being in the pens and being stored in higher temps they probably got a head start.
Either that or the maticoopx is a magical machine that cuts hatching to 18 days. I like that thought better.

I don't think so because I always do dry hatches.
My regular weekly hatch in my big incubator also hatched a few already. I'm gonna blame how hot it's been here. 3 weeks ago we were in the upper 90°s low 100°s. Between being in the pens and being stored in higher temps they probably got a head start.
Either that or the maticoopx is a magical machine that cuts hatching to 18 days. I like that thought better.
I am with ya...
I suppose mine could have started while being shipped...(we are also pretty darn hot!!..)but they came down to 68 degrees while resting

Who knows...
Definitely gonna try again....soon-ish 🤣🤣

Thanks to this thread, I bought the Maticoopx from Amazon on sale. It was unavailable a few hours later. Score!

But I’ll have two NR360s and 1 maticoopx for
my little flock. Thats 74 eggs! Craziness!! I’m obsessed. I need to rein it in.

Well, wait a sec… @The Moonshiner has collected HOW MANY small-scale incubators now?! 🤯And more coming?! Okay, I feel less crazy. 😁

Back
Top Bottom