The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
Have been using Farm Innovators pro tabletop incubators. And an old still air tabletop for hatching. They are not the best option, but I have been able to figure them out and do get good hatches, but they have hot and cold spots to deal with and can have extended hatching periods because of this. But I know them now and have 3 of these incubators so I don't fill them full of eggs and I know the cold spots to avoid. Been looking at cabinet incubators for years but just don't pull the trigger when I'm able to do everything I need to hatch with these. They are usually running 6 or 7 months out of the year and haven't had any go bad they are 7 and 8 years old now. Been waiting for them to go out so I can justify getting a new cabinet incubator. They are for sure not set and forget.

Got this one today. It's new but I assume the older model because of the style of humidity pump.
View attachment 3742935
Should get this one tomorrow. I meant to get one last year since they're pretty inexpensive and might make a good starter incubator. I wanted to see how well they do.
I've seen a few that looked the same except different graphics. When I saw this one I just had to get it. How cool is that graphic?
View attachment 3742939
I have a King suro 20. The cradle is noisy and it takes a while to prime the humidity pump but it's a very reliable incubator.

I have a King suro 20. The cradle is noisy and it takes a while to prime the humidity pump but it's a very reliable incubator.
That's good to hear. I can probably handle the noise and I heard the pump was a little tricky to start out. Never had any incubator with a humidity pump so it'll be worth a little effort.
I've wanted a Brisea Octagon just because the cradle was something unique that I hadn't seen before.
Just recently discovered the R-COM one and the reviews were better. Looks like a lot better visibility too. I'm excited about it.

Kebonnix 12 egg automatic here. Pretty basic.

Humidity display was too high during the first 18 days, about 75% at times if I remember right, and that was with only one section of the bowl filled. Didn't have a hygrometer to double check.

Only set a few as a trial run but the eggs I set did hatch on time with no issues. Need to give it a good few runs before I trust it though.

Must be Spring is in the air because I'm already preparing to fire this thread up sooner rather then later.

Definitely hear that, I'm chomping at the bit ready to fire up my incubators and I have a grand total of one Cochin even laying right now. 🤭 I guess until my birds finally pick up laying, I'll be living vicariously through y'all. :pop

Kebonnix 12 egg automatic here. Pretty basic.

Humidity display was too high during the first 18 days, about 75% at times if I remember right, and that was with only one section of the bowl filled. Didn't have a hygrometer to double check.

Only set a few as a trial run but the eggs I set did hatch on time with no issues. Need to give it a good few runs before I trust it though.
HAPPY
giphy (8).gif

Where the hell you been and how you been?

Definitely hear that, I'm chomping at the bit ready to fire up my incubators and I have a grand total of one Cochin even laying right now. 🤭 I guess until my birds finally pick up laying, I'll be living vicariously through y'all. :pop
Maybe your hens are waiting on you?
Better go ahead and get ready.

Back
Top Bottom