The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
Yeah, I had to, and all for nothing in the end. Not to mention it ended up making my work and grades suffer too because of the lack of sleep. I might tinker with it this summer if I'm off work, but I'm pretty certain I'll just toss it in the end.
Jacin. Remember that cute little useless incubator I found last year that had the ears and came in pink or yellow? It was only available from China.
I saw it on Amazon the other day. Bought from and shipped from inside the states.
It had horrible reviews so I bought that mechachick one instead.

Jacin. Remember that cute little useless incubator I found last year that had the ears and came in pink or yellow? It was only available from China.
I saw it on Amazon the other day. Bought from and shipped from inside the states.
Oh yeah, I do remember it. Gosh, it was awfully cute.

Hi I'm brand new to this thread and found the discussions very interesting.
I don't know if the thread starter @The Moonshiner knows the site Temu. It's like Alibaba, selling cheaper products from China; but shipping is much quicker. Usually 5-10 days. Free shipping above $15. I did a quick search of incubators, quite some came up. Most are for small capacity hatches, 6-24 chicken eggs. The price is certainly good. I figured it's some good information for this thread. Link below:

https://rb.gy/83a8pe

I haven't tried any of the products so don't know if any of them are any good. They look decent from the pictures. I made my own experimental version using a microwave steamer (temu) + 75W light bulb + a small heating blanket + plug in thermostat controller (amazon) + additional temp/humidity guage (Temu).

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    358.9 KB · Views: 11
I don't know if the thread starter @The Moonshiner knows the site Temu. It's like Alibaba, selling cheaper products from China; but shipping is much quicker. Usually 5-10 days. Free shipping above $15. I did a quick search of incubators, quite some came up. Most are for small capacity hatches, 6-24 chicken eggs. The price is certainly good. I figured it's some good information for this thread. Link below:

I haven't tried any of the products so don't know if any of them are any good. They look decent from the pictures. I made my own experimental version using a microwave steamer (temu) + 75W light bulb + a small heating blanket + plug in thermostat controller (amazon) + additional temp/humidity guage (Temu).
Temu has had a lot of issues with people's information and financial information being stolen

I'd like to hear more about your homemade incubator. Any pics or pics of what you used?
Have you used it? How did it work?

I've heard so many people pimping Temu. I've looked at it a few times but it seemed like a pita. I get weird pop up offers cr@p.
I did search incubators before but of the ones I'd consider Amazon had them cheaper if you took the time to really search.
I think last time I checked out Temu they had a $20 off if you downloaded the app or some nonsense. I'll go check and if I can get a decent coupon or deal from them I'll order one incubator and see how it all goes.

I'd like to hear more about your homemade incubator. Any pics or pics of what you used?
Have you used it? How did it work?
It's more of a little science experiment:rolleyes: stemming from curiosity. I live in the city so can only have 5-10 hens max depending on the lot size.
I'm testing my homemade still air incubator on 3 trader joe's $4 a dozen fertile white eggs now. Approaching day 22! One externally pipped, one internally pipped. I think the 3rd one is dead. The eggs were 9-10 days old when I bought them. The device is small, max 8-9 eggs plus room for a small temperature/thermometer guage. The thermostat controller I got is on the cheaper side, operates within 2F range (only let me set on the whole digit), but the sensor reading is actually accurate to one decimal. I set the max temperature to be 102F for the first 15/16 days then 101F. So it operated in the range of 100-102F and 99-101F respectively.

We'll see what comes out:fl.

Back
Top Bottom