The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Candled and pulled clears tonight, I think I have 10 Barnevelder eggs and 2 wyandotte eggs progressing. Pulled only two blood rings. Almost all the wyandotte eggs were clear, I'm going to open them tomorrow and check for fertility.
I'm sorry you only have 2 wyandottes. Maybe see if the seller can send more if you cover shipping?

I ordered 12 more eggs from the seller that I got the painted eggs from. They will be here next week. So far 12/14 are developing from the first set. I just want to make sure I end up with a good number of painted since they don't breed true.

:wee

Here's a question for y'all: I currently have both Muscovy eggs and chicken eggs hatching. Both these sets were originally hand turned in the MeeF, but transferred to the Maticoopx for several days before lockdown, using the horizontal turners in it. Half the eggs pipped at the wrong end. Could this have anything to do with it?

Here's a question for y'all: I currently have both Muscovy eggs and chicken eggs hatching. Both these sets were originally hand turned in the MeeF, but transferred to the Maticoopx for several days before lockdown, using the horizontal turners in it. Half the eggs pipped at the wrong end. Could this have anything to do with it?
Usually pipping at the end happens in shipped eggs where the egg gets shaken up and damaged but can also happen if you accidentally set eggs in a turning rack with the air cell down. Are they shipped eggs?

Usually pipping at the end happens in shipped eggs where the egg gets shaken up and damaged but can also happen if you accidentally set eggs in a turning rack with the air cell down. Are they shipped eggs?
The Muscovy eggs are from my own birds, but the Chantecler eggs were bought at an in-person auction (local eggs) and I had to drive them home. Very poor results from those eggs, only 5 had any development, and only 3 made it to lock down.

Back
Top Bottom