The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Looks like I might have 5 under One Leg now. Didn't check cause I was in a rush, but I pulled out an egg shell and I'm pretty sure I pitched the 2 from yesterday already, which would make this number 3 under her to hatch

Looks like I might have 5 under One Leg now. Didn't check cause I was in a rush, but I pulled out an egg shell and I'm pretty sure I pitched the 2 from yesterday already, which would make this number 3 under her to hatch

7ifx5b.gif

3 external pips and almost all the others are internally pipped in my first incubator (the one I've had)
In the new one, none are internally pipped or even drawing down very much yet...I set all the eggs on the same day though? Idk. I was thinking it could be because the first incubator is bantie eggs and the second one is all standards, but I have one standard egg in the first incubator and that one is already externally pipped. I think my new one is running too low, but just barely. I only had one quitter from that one, so either it's too low or my other run runs too high, lol. Both bators have two days left

Ok did a little egg switching to accommodate the duck eggs, so,

Grey hen #1 that hatched eggs 2 days ago I put 8 kelso eggs under yesterday that left,

1 kelso hen with 2 eggs

1 kelso hen on her own clutch

One grey hen #2 that her eggs disappear I think the cock is eating them. She had 5 and today was down to zero but still broody

So I,

Gave the grey hen #1 the 5 duck eggs (was able to cover all I was impressed) took the 8 I gave her yesterday back and put them under the no egg grey hen #2 but I brought her up to one of the above ground brooding pens so she's by herself. I don't trust her but she's my alternate.

So one kelso on her own

One grey on ducks

One grey on kelso

And the other kelso has to lay hers again.

Simple simple

Back
Top Bottom