The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

I'm a giant fan of dark blue stain.
matt bomer sigh GIF

You also like fibro, naked neck, showgirl, cochin, long crowing, Onagadori, Easter egg laying, and red coop living birds. So I'm not sure you being a fan of something means we should do that. lol
leighton meester sigh GIF

Hmmm. I feel like Moony wouldn't paint them at all. lol I'd be tempted to stain them to match that prefab? White always looks nice until a chicken touches it. A dark color might make the boxes feel more private without feeling the need to hand those ridiculous curtains that hold bird dander. I'd probably go with a light brown or blue? I'm not really sure. I always use milk crates and the metal nesting boxes from commercial barns.
I do have some stain leftover from when I painted the privacy fence last year so I might just use that up but it does take a few days to dry cause it’s oil-based. It would look really good matching the other coop tho and I love that idea! Lol, I don’t think I’ll put any silly curtains on it…That would probably scare my hens away when they blow in the wind actually :lau
I'm a giant fan of dark blue stain.
Dark blue stain would look really neat too.

I'm about ready to drive my John Deere into the friggen pond. I suppose it could be cute if the whole coop was themed John Deere, but otherwise it might be a pita. Plus Kelly Green isn't copyrighted or whatever. A can of legit John Deere green would be ridiculous. lol A brand new hood for my mower if over $300. And if I want the sticker on there it's worth more.

Official John Deere color paint isn't no more expensive here then any other paint. I've bought spray cans and oil based several times.
For painting stuff like structures I just take a John Deere item and have it color matched.
I'm not a fan of actual John Deere equipment any longer. Quality has went down and prices have went up.

Official John Deere color paint isn't no more expensive here then any other paint. I've bought spray cans and oil based several times.
For painting stuff like structures I just take a John Deere item and have it color matched.
I'm not a fan of actual John Deere equipment any longer. Quality has went down and prices have went up.
Ever since the song came out…😂

I'm about ready to drive my John Deere into the friggen pond. I suppose it could be cute if the whole coop was themed John Deere, but otherwise it might be a pita. Plus Kelly Green isn't copyrighted or whatever. A can of legit John Deere green would be ridiculous. lol A brand new hood for my mower if over $300. And if I want the sticker on there it's worth more.
You don’t need a hood. You’re welcome!

You don’t need a hood. You’re welcome!
I know I don't, but it looks trashy without it. Thankfully I have it on there, and you can't see it from the road driving by when I'm using it how fubar-ed it is. I'm more annoyed with all the crap that keeps breaking on it. I just put new blades, belt, and steering "thingy" on it. And the new belt snapped after a couple of hours of mowing. I had the same problem with the same brand of belt last year. I can't even find the belt on the John Deere website, so I guess I'm just going to order another brand from Amazon and try it.

Back
Top Bottom