The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Our CL just blew up with the old RSL ads.
Every year the egg factories have a blow out sell on all their past prime molting hens.
They have auctions and sell in 100 lots. You can usually pick some up for $1 a piece. People buy them then turn around and sell them for profit. Usually they're pretty sketch about them and unknowing people think they're getting POL pullets etc.
After a few weeks they flood into the auctions. They usually take about 3 months to get through molt then you get like 10% - 20% laying.
So many people get screwed. Theirs probably at least a dozen ads up with prices from $5 to $20.

Normally, $3 per chick but I’m charging this guy $10. He’s real specific. Wants pure RIR, all female, and wants me to grow them for 6 to 8 weeks.
Only $10 a piece for 6-8 week pullets? Not even considering the breed, that sounds way too low for around here at least. I've sold all my Silkie chicks straight run and days old for that same price lol

What am I looking at with the beak on this one? She's is noticeably bigger then all her clutch mates and her beak is over growing? Apologies for the stripy pic, my headlamp disagrees with my phones camera.
20230425_205943.jpg

Back
Top Bottom