The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

TSC and our local are only $1 or two difference if I can find what I want at the local one. They are purely Purina based so unless is Purina then its nothing from them. No local all flock mix just for layers and game birds.

Only other place I can go local is walmart in a town over .... they carry chicken feed and other things.

Cheapest I can get is going be online from Amazon or Chewy, maybe a pace that has just bird stuff.

All their stuff is higher than a giraffe's butt hole. I can get the same brand of waterers and feeders from the local mom-and-pop for several dollars (like $10) less. Usually, your big box stores are cheaper, and your local mom-and-pop stores are more expensive, but I find that to be the opposite with TSC.
Usually yes but tractor supply caters to the chicken equivalent to a soccer mom rolling up in her perfectly clean new extended escalade lol. I only use locally owned feed / hardware stores. When I went to Mississippi it was to a real feed and seed store. Paul bounds. Cool ass place. I can spend alot of time and money in there

I have a local mill and then one that's a bit of a drive that I use.
The local mill doesn't sell pellets or chick feed. Ya I know, NO chick feed. That's BS.
They also did the free bag deal but stopped it around covid time. Now if you buy 10 bags or more at a time they give you 50 cents off each bag. 10 bags isn't a problem for me.
The further mill has layer crumble or pellets and chick feed. Regular chick and two types of gamebird. Starter and grower.
Everything has went up about $4 per 50lbs since covid. I miss the old days.

Back
Top Bottom