The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

giphy (5).gif

I got a question for you moonshiner. How flighty do you consider leghorns? I’ve been around a few and they weren’t Cochins but I didn’t think they were that bad. My Whiting true blues are like a covey of quail when I approach them. I’m hoping they grow out of it. Leghorns were used in their breeding but I swear they are worse than I remember leghorns ever being. Maybe I just don’t remember correctly.

I don't wanted to get started on the SHENANIGANS I've been through TRYING to buy "local".

There is a super close local place I've tried calling? They don't pick up the phone. I went there more than once and they were closed and locked during normal business hours with no sign saying BRB. 🤷🤷🤷 Another place only carries Purina and Kalmbach? So okay, maybe that would be fine. The mills are all much farther, far as I know.

Our friends were trying to get us in touch with their cheap "feed guy," and I swear, it was worse than trying to buy drugs!!! Just give me the guy's name so I can call him!? Or not? Why are we making this so difficult?

That's why I shop at TSC. Because it's been such. a. royal. pain. TRYING to buy local. I really don't get it, because it's not like I love TSC. But they are open when they say they will be open, and they always pick up the phone. 🤷

Plus you gotta love the chick days special, "Free chicks with every ridiculous mixup!" Lol

ETA I do occasionally order a premium "small business" chick starter though, that's made in Georgia I think, but I only will get a few bags a year anyway, so I will deal with paying Ariat soccer mom prices for my fluff balls. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom