The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Usually yes but tractor supply caters to the chicken equivalent to a soccer mom rolling up in her perfectly clean new extended escalade lol.
You're not lying!
1685108905743.png
1685108935336.png

I might commit murder to have a few of these to knock out and move birds into temporarily. Like I know the houses are probably complete garbage, but the runs look nice. And it would work great for the birds I don't plan on keeping big numbers of breeders.

A lady at work is going to give me a bunch of 16 foot pieces of channel tin to use on the six pens I built last year. It's not going to be as pretty as I wanted, but I'm hoping after I dismantle basically all if it to square it back up that everything will look alright.

I would advise against using tarps to anyone building something for a temporary roof. They act like huge wind sails. When I sank those poles they were all super straight | <-- like this, and now they are like / <-- makes me sad.
I have a local mill
Ours closed apparently?
If I switch to Purina I can go local. If I want a mill mixed here I have to drive about an hr away. Oh and they supply my local feed store but not with their mix. :rolleyes:
I'm feeding Nutrena. I wish I could afford Texas Naturals, but it's way too expenisve for the amount of birds I'm raising.
I was talking fancy girlie pants
HEY!
Oh My God Omg GIF by Schitt's Creek

You're not lying!
View attachment 3518772View attachment 3518773
I might commit murder to have a few of these to knock out and move birds into temporarily. Like I know the houses are probably complete garbage, but the runs look nice. And it would work great for the birds I don't plan on keeping big numbers of breeders.

A lady at work is going to give me a bunch of 16 foot pieces of channel tin to use on the six pens I built last year. It's not going to be as pretty as I wanted, but I'm hoping after I dismantle basically all if it to square it back up that everything will look alright.

I would advise against using tarps to anyone building something for a temporary roof. They act like huge wind sails. When I sank those poles they were all super straight | <-- like this, and now they are like / <-- makes me sad.

Ours closed apparently?

I'm feeding Nutrena. I wish I could afford Texas Naturals, but it's way too expenisve for the amount of birds I'm raising.

HEY!
Oh My God Omg GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek
I'm feeding Nutrena as well but can't seem to get all flock in my area. It's a drive to get it even from TSC.

Recently went to Purina all flock. I hate the price and really want the Nutrena one.

You're not lying!
View attachment 3518772View attachment 3518773

Ours closed apparently?

HEY!
Oh My God Omg GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek
The top one is actually really nice. I like the sentinels though, apart from there being absolutely no ventilation. Not worth a thousand bucks imo, but I also am the person who bought 4 prefab, so I know my judgement isn't the best

The top one is actually really nice. I like the sentinels though, apart from there being absolutely no ventilation. Not worth a thousand bucks imo, but I also am the person who bought 4 prefab, so I know my judgement isn't the best
But they also way over claim the chickens it can hold if they're not free ranging all day every day. My bantams and pairs/trios do well in them, but I couldn't fit 12 standards in mine permanently without feeling incredibly guilty

Amen to that! Same happened to me with the last big pen I started last year. I was able to roof half of it properly. The other side got tarps. Everything got pulled inward from the pressure exerted by the tarps. When the tarps came down, I had to hook a 2” ratchet strap to a tree and pull everything back right. I had to notch every ceiling joist to hold the front and back apart at the right distance.

Back
Top Bottom