The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

@The Moonshiner , I'm going to do an eggtopsy either tomorrow or Thursday morning and post the results on my thread, do you want me to tag you? I mainly do it with the late quitters to see if there was something preventing them from hatching, like cross beak or lack of needed bits
When I eggtopsied I had one with it's brain growing outside of the skull, it was super weird!
I also had two hatch with egg yolk still unabsorbed and I tried to do everything I read to do on BYC but both still died.

View attachment 3536506

My "chocolate" Orpingtons from Hoover's finally arrived.
Is anyone buying that these are "chocolate"?
They look black to me. A kind of strange black but still.
In the direct sunlight they do have a hue to them but I'm thinking that's just wishful thinking. :confused:
As a side note to how awesome Hoover's truly is when I checked the invoice it clearly stated...... 15 Mallard ducklings (unsexed)"

View attachment 3536512
Even Mouse was suprised.

View attachment 3536513
Well, they aren't ducklings, but I do think they are HQ Chocolate Orpingtons. Mine might be a little lighter than that, but if you put one next to a Black chick, the difference should be easier to spot.
He'd have to cut me a hella deal. I'm poor like that.
Confused Threes Company GIF by MOODMAN

'project' chicks
Austin Powers Laser GIF

Well, I cancelled my trip cause something came up and I have to work. Should I just send you a PM to place my order or do you need more time?

Meant to ask both @The Moonshiner and @ColtHandorf.
I pm-ed you.

Well, they aren't ducklings, but I do think they are HQ Chocolate Orpingtons. Mine might be a little lighter than that, but if you put one next to a Black chick, the difference should be easier to spot.

Confused Threes Company GIF by MOODMAN

Austin Powers Laser GIF

I pm-ed you.
I'm thinking they're the sex linked cr@p. The 5 cockerel will be black and carry chocolate unseen. The pullets should be chocolate.
A few have a bit of wing feathering and one has a lot.
Definitely not as chocolate looking as my Orpingtons were and the chicks are definitely a lot darker. Mine weren't hatchery though.
I think I have something workable and it'll take a while to get back to leghorn type so in the process I'll also focus on better color.

Back
Top Bottom