The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Pheasant? From the eggs you got?
Yes. I had 4 eggs
I hatched :wee
I did nothing :confused:
2 pipped and died :hit

I had bought some 2x4s and stuff from a guy that was moving out of state. He's the one that gave them to me.
Like a week or so later he told me to swing by it was gonna be his last day there and there was some stuff I might want. Feeders, waters, rubber bowls etc.
He gave me 8 more eggs then but they had been sitting around a few and a few were even dirty. Hopefully at least 1 or 2 will hatch from them but not the best odds.

Yes. I had 4 eggs
I hatched :wee
I did nothing :confused:
2 pipped and died :hit

I had bought some 2x4s and stuff from a guy that was moving out of state. He's the one that gave them to me.
Like a week or so later he told me to swing by it was gonna be his last day there and there was some stuff I might want. Feeders, waters, rubber bowls etc.
He gave me 8 more eggs then but they had been sitting around a few and a few were even dirty. Hopefully at least 1 or 2 will hatch from them but not the best odds.
Oh! I forgot all about those!

I’m about to sell ALL of my extra roosters and every BC except for the blue ones. Feeding these extra mouths is getting expensive. All the extra money I made at the first of the year… gone. That will clear out the 2 chicken apartments so I can contemplate at least one new idea. 1 will get select RIRs back in it for hatching next year. (Not the fancy chipmunk ones… soooo embarrassin’) Both cockerels, btw. 🙄

Last edited:
I’m about to sell ALL of my extra roosters and every BC except for the blue ones. Feeding these extra mouths is getting expensive. All the extra money I made at the first of the year… gone. That will clear out the 2 chicken apartments so I can contemplate at least one new idea. 1 will get select RIRs back in it for hatching next year. (Not the fancy chipmunk ones… soooo embarrassin’) Both cockerels, btw. 🙄
I took a ton of birds to auction last month. A few from hatches this year, several ducks and a lot of my adult birds. Ya I had a lot of adults that I was feeding but not really using so decided move them along and focus on what I'm hatching.
About 250 birds and I would of made some good money but the auction upped its % to what I believe was 40%. I know they did almost as good as I did. Whatcha gonna do, right?
The dent in the adult birds helped save me feed costs as far as layer feed but I got chicks EVERYWHERE so I'm blowing through chick feed.
Canceled the auction for July due to heat so waiting to see if they do the same for August. My plan was hatch a lot but also let a lot go. We'll see if that works out or not.

Back
Top Bottom