The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

I took a ton of birds to auction last month. A few from hatches this year, several ducks and a lot of my adult birds. Ya I had a lot of adults that I was feeding but not really using so decided move them along and focus on what I'm hatching.
About 250 birds and I would of made some good money but the auction upped its % to what I believe was 40%. I know they did almost as good as I did. Whatcha gonna do, right?
The dent in the adult birds helped save me feed costs as far as layer feed but I got chicks EVERYWHERE so I'm blowing through chick feed.
Canceled the auction for July due to heat so waiting to see if they do the same for August. My plan was hatch a lot but also let a lot go. We'll see if that works out or not.
You hate to give up so much, but you gotta stop the bleeding at some point and take what you can get. Bleeding green hurts! I could double my money per rooster if I would keep them up to 5 months, but I think I would go broke and insane!

20230627_183325.jpg

The barred is a boy, but I'm not sure on the gold one. I've never had one of those from this pair.

Back
Top Bottom