The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Loving the new incubator.
It was advertised as used in new condition. 1602 hovabator. That's the standard wafer thermostat still air model. The pics showed something different.
So ya picked it up today. It's a wafer thermostat model but with a fan and the large window top. Older but new never used in opened box.

I have 1 for sure boy out of my 12! What color is this one?
IMG_0731.jpeg
IMG_0732.jpeg
I think the buff one is my favorite, she jumps out and tries to run away every time I open the coop :)
IMG_0734.jpeg

I have 1 for sure boy out of my 12! What color is this one? View attachment 3567445View attachment 3567444I think the buff one is my favorite, she jumps out and tries to run away every time I open the coop :) View attachment 3567448
Idk what the **** that is :lau
Got some duckwing in there so let's call it your duckwing to white experiment.

I have a quad pen of buffs set up. Now 2 of the 3 hens decided they want to be broody. I yeeted them out of the nest box to check.for eggs and one ran back and draw blood on my hand. I'm not loving them as much now.

I've had a few that wasn't getting huge combs but I've never kept any to see it they were just slower or would end up with smaller ones. Most don't actually flop like a hen's in pics. So most do have giant combs but not giant floppy combs.
And then I have brutal winters here so the ones that don't lose them the first winter usually do in the second one.

Back
Top Bottom