The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Nope, no golden neck.
Not a big fan of that pattern so probably won't be on my list any time soon.

Now I am a fan of this bird.
That's the best type wise MF leghorn I've seen. Very cool.
I do like golden neck. Especially on Belgian Bantams and Thurungians.
I think the mille fluer is a good example of color and type but I think Cochins, booted bantams, and d’Uccles are the only chickens that can pull off that pattern without looking a bit goofy.

I think the mille fluer is a good example of color and type but I think Cochins, booted bantams, and d’Uccles are the only chickens that can pull off that pattern without looking a bit goofy.
Golden neck is one of my favorites, but I'm just a sucker for gold and white birds

Idk, I think that Leghorn pulled it off pretty well but I may be bias.
When I was a kid and showing, MF d'Uccles were my favorites and what got me into showing.
Also the only breed I've had with the Golden neck pattern.

Idk, I think that Leghorn pulled it off pretty well but I may be bias.
When I was a kid and showing, MF d'Uccles were my favorites and what got me into showing.
Also the only breed I've had with the Golden neck pattern.
Mille Fluer d’Uccles were my start actually.
Then I got d’Anvers since I thought they were mille fluer d’Uccles but easier.
Turns out d’Anvers are just better in every way.
They look great in dozens of patterns.
Except they can’t pull off mille fluer.
They do have a robust neck and robust personality but they seem to look best in more soft, delicate patterns because they are very cute and their beauty is partially simplicity.
The very busy and garishly saturated black, orange, and white spotted pattern kinda makes you lose the bird in it the shuffle. https://www.sonderverein-antwerpenerbartzwerge.de/die-farbenschläge/gold-porzellanfarbig/
In a rare instance where I find lavender acceptable though, porcelain is much easier on the eyes due to its delicacy.

The males can almost pull of mille fluer but mille fluer females look ridiculous.
:sick just nonsense
It’s not nonsense, it is homozygous for every mille fluer allele.

Golden neck, on the other hand… 🥰
4ADDA142-7067-4D33-B0C1-5663CC4CAFDA.jpeg

Mille Fluer d’Uccles were my start actually.
Then I got d’Anvers since I thought they were mille fluer d’Uccles but easier.
Turns out d’Anvers are just better in every way.
They look great in dozens of patterns.
Except they can’t pull off mille fluer.
They do have a robust neck and robust personality but they seem to look best in more soft, delicate patterns because they are very cute and their beauty is partially simplicity.
The very busy and garishly saturated black, orange, and white spotted pattern kinda makes you lose the bird in it the shuffle. https://www.sonderverein-antwerpenerbartzwerge.de/die-farbenschläge/gold-porzellanfarbig/
In a rare instance where I find lavender acceptable though, porcelain is much easier on the eyes due to its delicacy.

The males can almost pull of mille fluer but mille fluer females look ridiculous.

It’s not nonsense, it is homozygous for every mille fluer allele.
Watermaal can pull off Mille Fluer if you ask me though
D739E36E-CBD9-41A8-B1B6-DB7359B27495.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom