The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Hand turning isn’t an option. I have a job. I suppose I can jiggle it right before I leave for work and let it go through the cycle. Get home, do some more jiggling. Keep doing that and hope for the best.
I've always hand turned my eggs and had great success. I also have a full time job. Just turn once in the morning when you get up and once in the evening before bed.

I've always hand turned my eggs and had great success. I also have a full time job. Just turn once in the morning when you get up and once in the evening before bed.
I do before work (if I remember), and then after work and then right before I go to bed when I need to hand turn. That way it's 2-3 times

Call me crazy.. but I just ordered and additional 25 chicks! More specifically a Bantam variety.

So lets do some chicken math:
21 adult birds
11 chicks in the brooder
25 coming this week
40 coming in two weeks
10 in the incubator (roughly)
=
107 chickens

Course nearly all are straight run so there will be some marked for the dinner table.

Call me crazy.. but I just ordered and additional 25 chicks! More specifically a Bantam variety.

So lets do some chicken math:
21 adult birds
11 chicks in the brooder
25 coming this week
40 coming in two weeks
10 in the incubator (roughly)
=
107 chickens

Course nearly all are straight run so there will be some marked for the dinner table.
What all did you order?

I know you said mixed batch before but what’s included?

What all did you order?

I know you said mixed batch before but what all is included?
From Murrary McMurray the 40 are the Bargin Bin Special.. so it can be anything. From the most popular breeds to the most rare. Whatever that can't fulfill a complete order.
From Cackle, the 25 are a mixed Bantam but from Silkies to Japanese Bantams to Cochins.
I love a good mystery box!

From Murrary McMurray the 40 are the Bargin Bin Special.. so it can be anything. From the most popular breeds to the most rare. Whatever that can't fulfill a complete order.
From Cackle, the 25 are a mixed Bantam but from Silkies to Japanese Bantams to Cochins.
I love a good mystery box!
Hell…If you’re happy, then I’m happy for you.

Back
Top Bottom