The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Jacin. Went by Dollar General today. Was waiting on the cashier and happened to look over where they have a couple coolers with drinks in them. One was I think a coke cooler about like my Pepsi cooler. It had a note saying something like.... sorry these drinks are not cold.
When I got done doing my card and pin etc. I was like... hey that cooler broke? She said ya. I asked if they were gonna get it fixed or trash it. She said they called so and so but she don't know. They didn't seem eager to come and fix it and why do I ask. I said if you're gonna toss it I'd like to have it. She said check back in 2 or 3 days and she'll either have an answer or take my number if I'd like. Yeah. I'll be going back and checking.
Never got a reply to my message about that big on on Marketplace so not holding my breath on that on.

Got my mystery Bantam chicks today! Bought 25 and received 28! All healthy :) Looks like I got some Blue and Black Silkies, Old English Game (almost a 1/3 of what I have), and few I could guess as Orpington and maybe Japanese. Will know as they grow!
Sweet. OEGB are popular in assortments. They're cool little birds though.
I'd raise them but someone has already beaten me to making about every variety already.

My bantam boy didn't like my grandma. Other than that, he was perfectly fine. We think it's because she shuffles her feet, it was mimicking another rooster
The boy is always tormenting me by doing the griddy. Wonder how my roosters would feel towards that 🤔

Mine have always been sweet little birds. I don't think many folks order them, that's why they end up in those variety packs so much. It's a shame, I absolutely adore mine.

Picking up a couple of varieties in just over a month. :)
I wouldn't mind keeping a few groups of them. We think the people I got my phoenix starters from kept them. We think that some of the breed ended up in my phoenix. It would explain where the weird dun and khaki keeps popping up, as well as the recessive white

I wouldn't mind keeping a few groups of them. We think the people I got my phoenix starters from kept them. We think that some of the breed ended up in my phoenix. It would explain where the weird dun and khaki keeps popping up, as well as the recessive white
I need to start learning chicken genetics... :th

Back
Top Bottom