The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Not too much to see but....
20200729_173032(1).jpg

Its from my everything but the kitchen sink pen.
It's a white tailed buff/red carrying mottling rooster over black tailed buff/red carrying mottling hen pair.
IDK that pairing can produce a lot of variations. Ive hatched a few. Some look identical to buff. One hatched like a BT red and a couple like that one or almost white.
In the spring I should collect all the offspring in one pen and take a pic.

@The Moonshiner
I have a Brown Leghorn pullet that is exhibiting NO tail. I've checked her out since her transition from chick to pullet and she has had no injuries or has not been picked on the whole time she's been with us.Her tail area has small,small feathers that have not developed into tail feathers.Her colors on the other hand are coming nicely.
Question.
Is this common in Leghorns?
Is this issue hereditary?Can I breed to her?
Would YOU breed to her?

@The Moonshiner
I have a Brown Leghorn pullet that is exhibiting NO tail. I've checked her out since her transition from chick to pullet and she has had no injuries or has not been picked on the whole time she's been with us.Her tail area has small,small feathers that have not developed into tail feathers.Her colors on the other hand are coming nicely.
Question.
Is this common in Leghorns?
Is this issue hereditary?Can I breed to her?
Would YOU breed to her?
I've seen it on a Leghorn before, but this version of rumpless is NOT hereditary. It is a hatching deformity and will not affect her future offspring.

Back
Top Bottom