The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Actually, it might work. White Leghorns are black-based so the only real surprises you could get are blue and barring, though both are very unlikely. Though, first you'd get barred paints. I guess it depends upon the availability of black Leghorns which would affect my choice. If I couldn't find any I would just use white.
That would be show quality whites, not hatchery production whites, right?

Ah, I thought a double dose of dominant white hid everything.
Nope! But one makes paint.
A double dose hides black

C3B9C506-F211-4B34-AFDB-AA5E8BD47063.png

Nope! But one makes paint.
A double dose hides black

View attachment 2414391

He's beautiful!

OK, I'm going from confused to very confused. White hides black? White is or isn't a good color to put with cuckoo leghorns?

If you had cuckoo leghorns and wanted to produce more cuckoo colored ones but couldn't get your hands on more cuckoo colored breeding birds, what color would you use? White? Brown? Something else?

He's beautiful!

OK, I'm going from confused to very confused. White hides black? White is or isn't a good color to put with cuckoo leghorns?

If you had cuckoo leghorns and wanted to produce more cuckoo colored ones but couldn't get your hands on more cuckoo colored breeding birds, what color would you use? White? Brown? Something else?
Do you have any profile shots of your birds? How old are they?

He's beautiful!

I would just breed them together, considering you have both a male and a female.

Do you have any profile shots of your birds? How old are they?

He told me how many months old they are, I think about 5 months? One is about a month younger than the others, and I think the roo is about 6 or 7 months? Here are a few more pictures of them. Guess I'll have to take some better pictures of them.

I'm planning to turn a 10 x 12 building into a coop and attach a good sized run, and yesterday I found someone who can help me with that project. Then in the spring there'll be plenty of room for more chickens.

20201029_142239.jpg
20201029_142424.jpg

Back
Top Bottom