The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Yeah me neither or at least not great quality which is why itā€™s in quotes hahah since they canā€™t possibly be that different šŸ˜‚
I understood but there are a lot of people who don't know the difference. To some a chicken is a chicken and just for eggs. There was a show last weekend but I didn't go. It was cold and I'm still leery of covid because I'm an old lady with conditions.

I was just working up an awesome new Standardbred Leghorn thread when I decided to give it one more shot at finding the old one, and voila.

Behold: The Leghorn Breeders Threadā€”All Varieties

Now, caveat. There's only four pages and so far the emphasis isn't focused on standardbred birds very hard at all. Should we roll with this or start a new thread with a hard focus on standardbred birds with the APA standard and "Rules of Engagement" right up front?

I ask here because this seems to have the highest concentration of Leghorn enthusiasts, but I feel like general discussion of the breed is off-topic since this is supposed to be about Moonshiner's birds.

What say you, @The Moonshiner ?

You won't find one like this male who was a reserve champion at a show. I have posted his picture before.
IMG_20170427_200333.jpg

I was just working up an awesome new Standardbred Leghorn thread when I decided to give it one more shot at finding the old one, and voila.

Behold: The Leghorn Breeders Threadā€”All Varieties

Now, caveat. There's only four pages and so far the emphasis isn't focused on standardbred birds very hard at all. Should we roll with this or start a new thread with a hard focus on standardbred birds with the APA standard and "Rules of Engagement" right up front?

I ask here because this seems to have the highest concentration of Leghorn enthusiasts, but I feel like general discussion of the breed is off-topic since this is supposed to be about Moonshiner's birds.

What say you, @The Moonshiner ?
I think starting a new thread would probably garner the most traffic, and be most successful. I know some will see the date of the old thread and be hesitant to read through it. If you start a new one, link it here and I will link it to the chat thread as well.

I understood but there are a lot of people who don't know the difference. To some a chicken is a chicken and just for eggs. There was a show last weekend but I didn't go. It was cold and I'm still leery of covid because I'm an old lady with conditions.
Ahh okay. Yeah, that makes sense! A lot of people donā€™t even know what breeds they have, just brown chickens or white chickens or whatever. I think some of the production birds and hybrids and stuff, even hatchery birds, have their place if someone just wants birds for eggs or pets or whatever. But they definitely donā€™t always line up with breed standards. Like some of my birchen cochin bantams barely have any birchen or have half fluff on their foot or whatever. And totally understandable to be leery of COVID! Though it is sad how much has been ruined. But I should probably move to the other thread šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ

Back
Top Bottom