The Moonshiner's Leghorns

@The Moonshiner if you could make any possible color, what would it be and how would you theoretically do so?
From above.... There's no issue with having or creating rose combs on lavender varieties.

Two varieties I've threaten to do for years have been silver MFs and porcelain (like porcelain D'Uccles)
The silver MF I'd cross MF with silver duckwing to start the project.
The porcelain I'd cross MF with Isabella to start out.

Last edited:
From above.... There's no issue with having or creating rose combs on lavender varieties.

Two varieties I've threaten to do for years have been silver MFs and porcelain (like porcelain D'Uccles)
Ooohhh, silver Mille Fleurs......

He has a grudge lol (Hey @The Moonshiner can I call you Moony or no?)
I was having such a blonde moment trying to figure out why it would not work. I had no clue I was getting punk'd.

But to stay on topic. Moonshiner I love all the chick pics here. You hatch a lot of chicks. Love all the different colors all mixed together.

Absolutely, I was just thinking it would be a little tricky with the lavender single comb cock and brown rose comb hens because i usually breed back to lavender for all lav offspring in f2, but breeding f1 together would produce a percentage of f2 lavender birds. Hopefully one if them would be a rose comb male, then breed back to rc browns for f3 splits, then breed those together, and f4 hopefully would hatch enough to have a decent selection of lavender rose comb offspring to breed together and finally get a 100% rc lav hatch in f5.

Does that sound right? When i just need back to the lavender parent i get 100% lavender hatches in f2, that's why i thought it sounded a little trickier.

Breeding the f1 splits together would still produce single combs and big sloppy rose combs, sho you'd have to go back to rc browns again to eliminate that rather than breeding the f2 lav together, no?

Back
Top Bottom