The Moonshiner's Leghorns

I'm going to have to dig them up to answer your question. I'm still holding a grudge against them so they're in the deepest darkest depths of the office. They need moved anyways.

I'm thinking electronic, but they were a little bit old, so maybe not.
Electronic is push button controls. Wafer is the metal thing with a wing nut that you turn one direction or the other.
I've never used an electronic thermostat hova but the little giant models have failed me miserably. Same thing temp spikes.

Well, there is that.

I'm using a Sportsman GQF cabinet. I have zero luck with the Little Giant incubators. The only issue I have with the GQF is that the trays tilt so far when they turn that the largest goose eggs have been cracked across the air cell. It's very unpleasant. For the ducks, chickens, guineas, and turkeys though, it works great.
I haven't had a sportsmanship since back when they were redwood. Loved that thing though. I'd take any sportsman in a heartbeat.
I have heard the new ones don't heat evenly throughout but .....

I haven't had a sportsmanship since back when they were redwood. Loved that thing though. I'd take any sportsman in a heartbeat.
I have heard the new ones don't heat evenly throughout but .....
This one isn't brand new, but it's not one of the older models. I haven't had an issue with it heating unevenly. It does struggle a bit to get the temperature right if the room is exceptionally cold. But if I bump the temp up by half a degree it dials right in.

DE26729B-90F4-4DA2-BE38-96BDE38FE454.jpeg
The little ones moved out to the big brooder today. Each one wasted no time taking a huge dump immediately!

I use the Farm Innovators 4250 and the NR360. The 4250 hygrometer crapped out pretty quick so I put a couple small battery powered ones in there. To maintain a decent temp I set it at 101F. I got it in a chicken trade so I feel like I come out good. It holds 41 eggs, so big plus there. The NR360 is awesome. I just wish it held more eggs (22).

I use 3x Black Chick incubators made by Siam Incubator in Thailand. 2x 36 egg and 1x 54 egg capacity.
Absolutely brilliant incubators
I have been told by 3 well know breeders here that they are the best (all have said they are better than brinsea)
They are all plastic construction and easy to clean.
They are expensive to buy new. I got mine all second hand but used very little. $535 USD + freight from the factory in Thailand. 20211211_164721.jpg

View attachment 3026481The little ones moved out to the big brooder today. Each one wasted no time taking a huge dump immediately!

I use the Farm Innovators 4250 and the NR360. The 4250 hygrometer crapped out pretty quick so I put a couple small battery powered ones in there. To maintain a decent temp I set it at 101F. I got it in a chicken trade so I feel like I come out good. It holds 41 eggs, so big plus there. The NR360 is awesome. I just wish it held more eggs (22).
That's my issue. I've heard good things about the 360 but that small capacity kills me. 22 eggs? Geez I'd be better of getting a few broody BCs.
But ya I still wouldn't mind trying one. Hoping someday one will pop up on CL for cheap.
I'm under the assumption that the Farm Innovators is the same as a little giant. I won't be going there.

Back
Top Bottom