The Moonshiner's Leghorns

x2

Peaxrose gives you cushion combs. Replacing the pea comb with rose would be slightly more difficult than replacing the singles, but not much harder. First you would have to breed out the pea combs. Then you would have to breed out single since pea combs are PPr+r+ having the pea and single comb genes and rose are p+p+RR having the single and rose comb genes.

I might make the most dumb headed question ever, so don't come for me, chicken genetics still have me banging my head on a wall. How do you replace straight combs with pea combs?

I might make the most dumb headed question ever, so don't come for me, chicken genetics still have me banging my head on a wall. How do you replace straight combs with pea combs?
Breed them together. p+p+xPP
Breed their offspring together Pp+xPp+
Then you have have Pp+, PP and p+p+ offspring. Test breed the peacombed offspring to ensure they are homozygous for P. With heterozygotes you can kinda tell, but usually only on the roosters, and only sometimes.

@ColtHandorf.
Nope no other pics. I think that was the only one I hatched and I lost her back at Christmas with that cold snap. I can make more but ya not a priority project for me.

Ya that's about as dark of a blue as I've got. I prefer that dark or darker but I only raised the two cockerels that I pictured a ways back. Well I do have a couple younger ones but don't know how they'll turn out.
I hatch way more lighter blues.

Ya I used to work with rose comb but quickly decided I didn't like the look and you know me if I would of kept them then I'd have to have every variety in both comb types.
See Overo I have some sense sometimes.

Absolutely
How do you, of all people, not like pea combs?!?!
JXCvW5P8u9SguSdZADrBeVuIP6niix9Y95xVwFexu6nzTeiBGtx6NjFe5XPo7NkFMCp9yotAcZp4NTY_AdH-zPT7zKk9W4A_XIBWIJKIQeADbsnm4Pa8Iijoovw_8ee_hNBve69r-RnQp4Bj_MfDWJhSmJr5aWot5wYQGxlTCu1DHj3XAOLnJZeijBycsBcMv6txrAqvRnLX6vRIFCXelMEKjUgsNLEnDQcjFOSpfvprCVKre8x1MyyebLTpmlwhKPsh2TbNSkisIcgZ9_rF-00f0DDWLmDxcRzJcxVf1OcpMJHGb9Uo-h-0ddIqI51FBY2yEdkWQ4BZboIHcJRLLtFhVkHVNYKzOu9OGIwZXgtEgw14PstjRwTvG4OPZl0NVyzDkAzYLVZoNmo9b8WFGebN6o7fjpEiRMfmcjroAUh0tK0e45taeUsy8XzswJuDwHENo5ZHBZal6msIH3ZqBWRRBec0r0V8pbpltTBxu0tww17y1F6ztqsRABYXdFP-hkTSNfWqxJUcx_9VCLRBNL_8-h-qsw9Jx5kTZwnldJfm3XzGziee48q63aWnsr4a1tDYwvgSsBOb2PcWWMuMo54ZuUh372UmcqoUd3lUVqGeLeLsI77YZUXPPd6Ll9ye785uhZet9rR6gTz9FsiaKwCBSW1w2r0UAF9r4wsGRLyU-2ggSlXeokyz7dNCxx8rRvQARK_nWvYyMYcYdomoksBSXw8fA2610W4dH1v-XHPRv3LYsbkrSCA0FqoqWXhiy31Q5p9mjs6rJ3ZlBeUGySI0jcXUz-JuJXEaNiq8SYWHv-o9FUcowg-nttgHnHp7bWPvGrvvvgoKC15pir_Q_t2_Yjkxgm734ijsCjZsjYfE-6cZByXS0cVGg_Rwvedx4M0O2Nuue3njUq1M3NZ7_DBRBBva5aXa1anAiAsmX_S0Q2PU=w718-h957-no

Then you have have Pp+, PP and p+p+ offspring. Test breed the peacombed offspring to ensure they are homozygous for P. With heterozygotes you can kinda tell, but usually only on the roosters, and only sometimes.

Thank you so much! As a second question, I know this thread is for The Moonshiner to post his pics and discuss about his birds, so if it's not the best place for me to ask this question, I'm so sorry, please tell me and I will delete this post immediately. So here goes the question. Aseel are not supposed to have wattles, and as far as I understand it's connected with the comb genes. So why does my guy have them, and how can I breed them out in his offspring, because either want them gone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230307_175636_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230307_175636_Gallery.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 1
Breed pea to single, and then breed those to the cross, test breed those to singles to be sure they don't carry pea.

Single is recessive to most things.

Unless you're Jacin. Then they make it very obvious 20221007_143511.jpg 20220828_101503.jpg 20211206_164808.jpg
Bottom pic is actually the dad to the other 2. One of his sons got a single gene from him and the other got the pea gene

Back
Top Bottom