The Moonshiner's Leghorns

How do you, of all people, not like pea combs?!?!
JXCvW5P8u9SguSdZADrBeVuIP6niix9Y95xVwFexu6nzTeiBGtx6NjFe5XPo7NkFMCp9yotAcZp4NTY_AdH-zPT7zKk9W4A_XIBWIJKIQeADbsnm4Pa8Iijoovw_8ee_hNBve69r-RnQp4Bj_MfDWJhSmJr5aWot5wYQGxlTCu1DHj3XAOLnJZeijBycsBcMv6txrAqvRnLX6vRIFCXelMEKjUgsNLEnDQcjFOSpfvprCVKre8x1MyyebLTpmlwhKPsh2TbNSkisIcgZ9_rF-00f0DDWLmDxcRzJcxVf1OcpMJHGb9Uo-h-0ddIqI51FBY2yEdkWQ4BZboIHcJRLLtFhVkHVNYKzOu9OGIwZXgtEgw14PstjRwTvG4OPZl0NVyzDkAzYLVZoNmo9b8WFGebN6o7fjpEiRMfmcjroAUh0tK0e45taeUsy8XzswJuDwHENo5ZHBZal6msIH3ZqBWRRBec0r0V8pbpltTBxu0tww17y1F6ztqsRABYXdFP-hkTSNfWqxJUcx_9VCLRBNL_8-h-qsw9Jx5kTZwnldJfm3XzGziee48q63aWnsr4a1tDYwvgSsBOb2PcWWMuMo54ZuUh372UmcqoUd3lUVqGeLeLsI77YZUXPPd6Ll9ye785uhZet9rR6gTz9FsiaKwCBSW1w2r0UAF9r4wsGRLyU-2ggSlXeokyz7dNCxx8rRvQARK_nWvYyMYcYdomoksBSXw8fA2610W4dH1v-XHPRv3LYsbkrSCA0FqoqWXhiy31Q5p9mjs6rJ3ZlBeUGySI0jcXUz-JuJXEaNiq8SYWHv-o9FUcowg-nttgHnHp7bWPvGrvvvgoKC15pir_Q_t2_Yjkxgm734ijsCjZsjYfE-6cZByXS0cVGg_Rwvedx4M0O2Nuue3njUq1M3NZ7_DBRBBva5aXa1anAiAsmX_S0Q2PU=w718-h957-no
They look weird. The heterozygous ones look better, the tight tiny ones just look like tumors to me

Unless you're Jacin. Then they make it very obvious View attachment 3424518View attachment 3424519View attachment 3424523
Bottom pic is actually the dad to the other 2. One of his sons got a single gene from him and the other got the pea gene
Coffee (the middle male) cracks everyone up with his comb. It's righted itself a bit as he's gotten older, but it still flops, not that I'm surprised, his mama has a somewhat large comb. How he of all birds managed to not lose any of it during the week of hell, I'll never know

Why did you use that black hen's pic? Did she consent to nudes? Poor thing. :lau
OnlyLegHORNS
Nope no other pics. I think that was the only one I hatched and I lost her back at Christmas with that cold snap. I can make more but ya not a priority project for me.
Awe, boo. Do you get a lot of one-offs like that and not carry the project further because of other, more pressing ones? I'd imagine with 256 genetic combinations on some of your crosses you would.
Ya that's about as dark of a blue as I've got. I prefer that dark or darker but I only raised the two cockerels that I pictured a ways back. Well I do have a couple younger ones but don't know how they'll turn out.
I hatch way more lighter blues.
I usually hatch medium to dark blues. I think I prefer them to the lighter ones.
Ya I used to work with rose comb but quickly decided I didn't like the look and you know me if I would of kept them then I'd have to have every variety in both comb types.
See Overo I have some sense sometimes.
That's interesting. The paintings of the rose-combed varieties I always think look nicer than the floppy ones. Maybe in person, they aren't so impressive?

Back
Top Bottom