The Moonshiner's Leghorns

T 10th
20230621_074759.jpg
20230621_074822.jpg

I hadn't noticed anything here until yesterday. I bought more feed then I could properly store last time. I just left the last few bags on top of the chest feeder and was using it first. I was down to a half a bag and left it setting with the top rolled shut.
When I came in something had tore it open and had the feed spread out. Too much of a mess not to expect something like a raccoon. Then I found a dead bird pulled up against a cage door. My damn replacement Isabella cockerel.
I didn't have a lot of time but set the live trap and 3 dog proof traps. Caught those 2 overnight. Now to see if that was it or I'm dealing with a mob of them.

I hadn't noticed anything here until yesterday. I bought more feed then I could properly store last time. I just left the last few bags on top of the chest feeder and was using it first. I was down to a half a bag and left it setting with the top rolled shut.
When I came in something had tore it open and had the feed spread out. Too much of a mess not to expect something like a raccoon. Then I found a dead bird pulled up against a cage door. My damn replacement Isabella cockerel.
I didn't have a lot of time but set the live trap and 3 dog proof traps. Caught those 2 overnight. Now to see if that was it or I'm dealing with a mob of them.
Whoa! :eek: I hope that’s it!

Dumb raccoons. I'm going to set the traps again today with some new bait and lock the barn up and see what I get. I just have to get a bunch of mulch/wood chips spread before I can do that.

Back
Top Bottom