The Moonshiner's Leghorns

I need some of those.
Took a few to realize how cool they really were. I got hung up on the grass and how warm it looks in the pic.
I'm in the middle of winter here. Survival mode. I've got everyone in 6 pens and feeding them 2 or 3 days worth of food at a time so I can focus more on water and the lack of it not freezing. Big groups so I have to bucket water out 2 or 3 times a day. Been below 0° or low single digits for highs for days.
I need an early spring.

I need some of those.
Took a few to realize how cool they really were. I got hung up on the grass and how warm it looks in the pic.
I'm in the middle of winter here. Survival mode. I've got everyone in 6 pens and feeding them 2 or 3 days worth of food at a time so I can focus more on water and the lack of it not freezing. Big groups so I have to bucket water out 2 or 3 times a day. Been below 0° or low single digits for highs for days.
I need an early spring.
You are welcome to swing past and I'll do some swaps (don't want none of that nonsense color tho!)

You are welcome to swing past and I'll do some swaps (don't want none of that nonsense color tho!)
If I swing by I won't be leaving for a few months.
Just the other day my boy was asking about if different places were really different times then us. Like different time zones. He asked if places were night time when we are daytime.
I had to tell him about you. He had a hard time believing at Christmas time you all were summer not winter.
Finally he decide him and I should summer here and then, well summer there too.

If I swing by I won't be leaving for a few months.
Just the other day my boy was asking about if different places were really different times then us. Like different time zones. He asked if places were night time when we are daytime.
I had to tell him about you. He had a hard time believing at Christmas time you all were summer not winter.
Finally he decide him and I should summer here and then, well summer there too.
Well you can tell him to come and see for hisself.

Christmas day Nz style 20231225_121208.jpg

New years day 20240101_115453.jpg 20240101_115905.jpg

Moony, do you know if your birds carry recessive white? Or if they definitely shouldn't? I have a pullet I need to test breed to see if she's recessive or dominant white (my bet is dominant, but I'm not sure what father would have given her that gene, where her mama most of her possible fathers could have each had a recessive gene and I'm trying to decide what male to pair her with that wouldn't have a possible recessive white lurking in their background. Right now the only ones that immediately come to mind as likely being good choices are the two cockerels I got from you.

Back
Top Bottom