The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Moved several birds around today. Leghorn after leghorn after leghorn. Not a scratch. Moved the two Chocolate Orpington hens and this.....

20240304_142138.jpg

Ya Orpingtons are gentle and calm and leghorns are crazy skittish and flighty. 🙄

I hate moving birds. Even cleaning a pen and you don’t lay a hand on them they lose their minds! My RIRs seem to be way worse than any other breed I’ve had.
I saw one of those leg hook catchers on Temu the other day. I think I'm gonna get a couple. I used one years and years ago. They're handy and the boys getting pretty good and pretty quick at it. I'm gonna need an equalizer to keep up with him.

Moved several birds around today. Leghorn after leghorn after leghorn. Not a scratch. Moved the two Chocolate Orpington hens and this.....

View attachment 3763380

Ya Orpingtons are gentle and calm and leghorns are crazy skittish and flighty. 🙄
From their nails?! I've done that and worse with babies, wire and the scovies, but even my skin doesn't let that damage happen from hen nails

I saw one of those leg hook catchers on Temu the other day. I think I'm gonna get a couple. I used one years and years ago. They're handy and the boys getting pretty good and pretty quick at it. I'm gonna need an equalizer to keep up with him.
Nah, get the shark mouth grippers

I hate moving birds. Even cleaning a pen and you don’t lay a hand on them they lose their minds! My RIRs seem to be way worse than any other breed I’ve had.
Yeah. That is one nice thing about the ducks, they lose their minds too, but they don't launch off the ground. They bounce off walls and run around trying to break my ankles, but don't go into the air more than a few inches generally

From their nails?! I've done that and worse with babies, wire and the scovies, but even my skin doesn't let that damage happen from hen nails
Ya a hens nails.
20240304_183929.jpg

Wire is the worst. Idk why but everytime I do anything with hardware cloth I come away with my hands looking like I'd been stacking bobcats.

Back
Top Bottom