Delete
Tay leaned on the taffrail, callused fi
Delete

Mmbruh.

'I need shower thoughts'

*Stumbles to shower*

*Is taking shower*

*Realizes this is mildly hilarious*

*Is still dripping wet and exits mid shower and must write this because entire being in just smiling with inside joke*

*Is procrastina-
Oh my gosh :gig

Shoot, I never saw this! :(

@Blue Raptor
Name: Cyrus Bailey
Species: Human
Physical Appearance: Tall and broad, surprisingly spry. Ruddy, sun-worn face with a crinkling smile. Head of tight red-gray curls.
Personality: Direct, but good humored.
Added!

The sound of harbor and ship bells rang like a scattered melody across the cove.
Behind the gentle slope of the island's land, the sun had stripped away the layers of sapphire blue, trailing instead, streaks of gold and orange across the horizon. The flame-red ball of light was settled now, almost completely hidden, behind the fiery horizon.
The cove itself was bathed in colors like an artist's palette. Flecks of fire from the shifting waves mingled with the fading dark blue and indigo, broken by the wake and ripple of returning and docking ships.

Ember descended the fore-deck steps quickly, boots rapping quite loud against the furnished wood, and she relished the announcing tune it provided.
A handful of sailors had joined the crew since the morning, mostly Mythics. Now all were on deck, loading supplies and prepping tethers. All awaited now, the arrival of Vhanya's promised crew.

The Harpy pressed herself gently against the deck railing, watching the scarce persons aboard move crates and barrels, a clawed thumb pressed working anxiously against the wood. She restrained herself from scarring the boards.
The parchment journal was grasped in her other hand- she'd already designated and filled a set of pages with the current supply of the Quicksilver.

"Raven."
Her wings shuddered with suppressed irritation and she followed up the movement with a quick stride to the nearest crew member- the human with the presence of a Mythic.
"How much more of the supplies need to be loaded? Percentage wise- I need a time estimate. And have you seen the Captain?"

@RDchicken99
@Isabella6Storm4
@Amer
@-Eridanus-
@-Kiwi- (Lichen is probably back on the ship by now)
@_-Captain BRM-_
@Lacy Duckwing
Let's see if I can get the vibe right while listening to flippin' Dustin Lynch...*clears throat*

...........nope *switches to Andrew Prahlow*

*slaps face* no more Arne *slaps face* no more Arne *slaps face* no more Arne....ok, I got this,

yeah I'm not even gonna try to tie anything together, he is now helping load supplies idk what he was doing before this.

Raven set down the crate he was carrying and slowly rolled his shoulders. Annoyance prickled at his insides mixed with the dull throbbing of strained muscles.
"That is just about all of it. Ninety-seven percent. Fifteen minutes. No." he answered every hurried question and then stood, awaiting either more pointless drivel, or the indication that he might continue in his task.

Gecko lurked in the dusty shadows below deck. Strangers of man and Mythic continually returned, dropping off large crates and wooden barrels in the storage room. He watched, digging his claws into his wrists. Shivers ran down his spine.
Gecko cocked his head toward the ceiling. She was up there. And death. Gecko closed his eyes and laid his chin on his chest. Death had came close to him today- too close. In a moment, he could have been gone. Such a thing he had hoped to never cross paths with again.
Gecko ran a shaking claw over his neck, stopping by the bulging jugular. She could have killed him- just one shot, one pull of the trigger- bam, dead. Dead just like they were, those he grew up with. They were all slaughtered in a single day, each fighting their own battle- against each other. Friends, family, foe- They all knew each other, but they all turned against each other anyway.
Gecko peeled his eyes open. He rushed his claw down, leaving a minor scratch on his neck. No, it was over. He couldn't go through it again. It was cause of him going insane. If he had to go through it again, surely there would be nothing left to him mentally. He'd possibly become like a wild animal in the forest with no meaning or language. Or maybe he’d become something worst- much worst.
 Tesla, the name rumbled in his head. That was more than his obsession, it was his escape. It was where he drove all his madness to, and in one sense, it had become his savior.
Gecko set his foot on a crate and leaned against his knee. He laid a claw on his face and his body trembled. "No. No, no," he whispered, shaking his head. Screams and terror. It was all coming back to him. He flared his wings. His blood boiled into a cold sweat. It was betrayal. Cold, bloody betrayal. Something he couldn't stand against.
He lowered his claw low enough to see a man and a Mythic carrying a large crate past. His throat tightened. Only in time would they turn on him as well. They all would. They'd turn on each other and kill everyone! Gecko backed into the wall just as another monster walked past. He laid his hand on his stomach.
Monstehs, he reminded himself, his eyes growing wide with horror. They all monsterhs! They going to kill us all! They- he dropped to the ground, covering himself with his wings. He couldn't lose himself here. At least not now. They would hang him just like they hanged the only survivors. He had escaped then- but here, he knew he couldn't.

(I gotta re-learn the ship lingo now aaaaahhh)
(I also have to get into the swing of writing Vhanya again. Here goes…)

Captain Marriot stood, hands on hips, on the aftercastle.
She was partly surveying her crew, and partly admiring the way the evening sun set alight the boards of the spotless weather decks and the coat of onyx paint on the masts. She had her crew under her watch, and soon she would have a crew.
Eighty-seven men would be arriving from their place on the Meredith— some of them had arrived already and were unloading cargo— along with their captain; Vhanya’s old friend, Cyrus Bailey.
Bailey’s help would not go to waste, as Vhanya had plenty work cut out for her with her current crew; they were rag-tag and bobtail, the whole bunch. Landlubbers, blistered thieves, madmen. But they were her crew, she’d scrounged them up, and she would set them straight. They’d be respectable—as much as a pirate crew could be.
An excited shiver started down her spine and settled at her fingertips. Soon, the Quicksilver would be at sea again, with a full crew aboard her decks; it was a mighty waste to leave her at port, she was too fine a ship for her prow to not break the gray waves surrounding the island.

At the sight of more men walking up the gangplank, cargo in tow and Bailey at the lead, Vhanya hurried down from the aftercastle to meet them.
She wove through the varying men lugging crates and quickly reached the gangplank, sweeping off her hat in showy greeting to her new crew and surgeon.
“It’s good to see this many souls aboard the ‘Silver again, yes?” She called to Bailey, who had broken away from his men to heartily pat her shoulder in familiar greeting.
“Aye, Vin,” he was torn away from talking to quickly direct the arriving crew, ushering out brief orders as to where to place their cargo.
Vhanya watched from the taffrail, leaning leisurely against the smooth wood. She grinned, a sly twinkle to her yellow eyes, when he turned back to face her, “would you like to get acquainted with my crew?”
Upon Cyrus’ nod she hurried to his side and began to lead him around the deck, pointing out and naming the varying members of her crew that were not belowdecks.

The sun gradually took up a red hue, which dyed the gray sails a dusty pink with its light. Vhanya and Cyrus had settled beside the mainmast and were talking amiably.

Let's see if I can get the vibe right while listening to flippin' Dustin Lynch...*clears throat*

...........nope *switches to Andrew Prahlow*

*slaps face* no more Arne *slaps face* no more Arne *slaps face* no more Arne....ok, I got this,

yeah I'm not even gonna try to tie anything together, he is now helping load supplies idk what he was doing before this.

Raven set down the crate he was carrying and slowly rolled his shoulders. Annoyance prickled at his insides mixed with the dull throbbing of strained muscles.
"That is just about all of it. Ninety-seven percent. Fifteen minutes. No." he answered every hurried question and then stood, awaiting either more pointless drivel, or the indication that he might continue in his task.
"Hm. Very well."
She gave a slight gesture for him to continue, offering a small nod as she stepped away. Ember was unsure of how to take his response. There was no obvious hint of disrespect or irritation, but his curt response made her feathers bristle regardless.
Pirates- there will always be unrest here. Best to start getting used to it.
(I gotta re-learn the ship lingo now aaaaahhh)
(I also have to get into the swing of writing Vhanya again. Here goes…)

Captain Marriot stood, hands on hips, on the aftercastle.
She was partly surveying her crew, and partly admiring the way the evening sun set alight the boards of the spotless weather decks and the coat of onyx paint on the masts. She had her crew under her watch, and soon she would have a crew.
Eighty-seven men would be arriving from their place on the Meredith— some of them had arrived already and were unloading cargo— along with their captain; Vhanya’s old friend, Cyrus Bailey.
Bailey’s help would not go to waste, as Vhanya had plenty work cut out for her with her current crew; they were rag-tag and bobtail, the whole bunch. Landlubbers, blistered thieves, madmen. But they were her crew, she’d scrounged them up, and she would set them straight. They’d be respectable—as much as a pirate crew could be.
An excited shiver started down her spine and settled at her fingertips. Soon, the Quicksilver would be at sea again, with a full crew aboard her decks; it was a mighty waste to leave her at port, she was too fine a ship for her prow to not break the gray waves surrounding the island.

At the sight of more men walking up the gangplank, cargo in tow and Bailey at the lead, Vhanya hurried down from the aftercastle to meet them.
She wove through the varying men lugging crates and quickly reached the gangplank, sweeping off her hat in showy greeting to her new crew and surgeon.
“It’s good to see this many souls aboard the ‘Silver again, yes?” She called to Bailey, who had broken away from his men to heartily pat her shoulder in familiar greeting.
“Aye, Vin,” he was torn away from talking to quickly direct the arriving crew, ushering out brief orders as to where to place their cargo.
Vhanya watched from the taffrail, leaning leisurely against the smooth wood. She grinned, a sly twinkle to her yellow eyes, when he turned back to face her, “would you like to get acquainted with my crew?”
Upon Cyrus’ nod she hurried to his side and began to lead him around the deck, pointing out and naming the varying members of her crew that were not belowdecks.

The sun gradually took up a red hue, which dyed the gray sails a dusty pink with its light. Vhanya and Cyrus had settled beside the mainmast and were talking amiably.
"Captain."
Ember gave a short nod to the man speaking with the Scorpion, subconsciously flashing a sharp gaze over him.
"Apologies for the interruption."
It was hard. Being polite.
"The supplies are nearly finished loading. One hundred and eight persons for the crew so far, including Miss Lyra, First mate Jintao, myself, and your surgeon here."
The Harpy nodded to the Captain's companion.

Me:

Tay roved
Delete
Tay stood at
Delete
Tay had
Delete
Tay rove
Delete
Tay leaned on the taffrail, callused fi
Delete

Mmbruh.

'I need shower thoughts'

*Stumbles to shower*

*Is taking shower*

*Realizes this is mildly hilarious*

*Is still dripping wet and exits mid shower and must write this because entire being in just smiling with inside joke*

*Is procrastina-

:lau

Back
Top Bottom