The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome!

well, I gone and dun it. LOL haven't told hubby, not sure i'm going to. maybe he'll just think they hatched...

got an email from mcmurray today about their rainbow egg layer collection (all pullets). on sale, minus the credit I had with them from last years' failed shipments, worked out to about $1 each...

where the heck am I going to put another 25+ chicks on Monday?

barnie.gif

or the ones due to hatch next Saturday, or the ones the following Thursday? or the ones from the eggs delisha's sending me Monday? LOL cross fingers the weather improves. quickly.

I wonder if you could put the next lowest hen in the flock in with her? That way she'd have a "flock" and be less lonely & stressed.

I would not put a hen lower than the injured one b/c the lower hen might try to use the injury to improve her position. I would put one who's a little higher so that they both know who stands where and that might avoid extra stress.
I don't know, I'm just guessing.

well, I gone and dun it. LOL  haven't told hubby, not sure i'm going to. maybe he'll just think they hatched...

got an email from mcmurray today about their rainbow egg layer collection (all pullets). on sale, minus the credit I had with them from last years' failed shipments, worked out to about $1 each... 

where the heck am I going to put another 25+ chicks on Monday?

:barnie

or the ones due to hatch next Saturday, or the ones the following Thursday? or the ones from the eggs delisha's sending me Monday?  LOL  cross fingers the weather improves. quickly.

Rotflmbo

Just curious but is there a really cheap way to wash lots of eggs?  So far I wash them one at a time and use a bottle brush when needed.  I typically only wash before using.  But it would be nice to save time and wash a dozen or two at once.

One of ericks friends has hundreds of laying hens and I believe he uses some sort if solution to do a quick soak and rinse that makes everything just come off. I can find out what it is called but I doubt it's even borderline natural haha!

Back
Top Bottom