The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Someone posted that quail do not ship as well as chickens either.

Were they just hatched or adults?
Juveniles, heaviest one was 14 oz. She put gro gel in with them and fed, watered before shipping. But that is only going to last so long. This whole thing is a nightmare.

Coyotes here are small. I always have to do a double take, because at first I think it's a fox. We do have a couple of coywolves here for sure.

Oh wow! I've seen one once (well, seen them more than once) that looked right at me and he was big, like a large dog size.

Maybe I should offer some of my chicken ornaments/plushies as a prize - nowhere near as spectacular, of course, but I can't imagine anyone getting in trouble over them.:idunno

Haha good idea!

Or maybe a separate under 18 competition?

Happy Birthday to your hubby NFC! What number is he now?
I just called the Po who say the package has not been scanned since it left the original PO. What a crappy way to run a business! They are not going to be happy when i get a bunch of dead birds!

DH is 55 today. Doesn't seem that bad to me (I'm older than him) but he's already whining about what an old man he is :gig I keep telling him it's only going to get worse (bad of me I know, lol) and that he's lucky to have made it this far. No sympathy for him here :lol:

Cap, I'm holding my breath on your birds...maybe they'll make it, I sure hope so.

Oh Cap, those poor birdies. Poor you too having to deal with that. :hugsYes, a big stink kick up will definitely be in order!

Maybe I should offer some of my chicken ornaments/plushies as a prize - nowhere near as spectacular, of course, but I can't imagine anyone getting in trouble over them.:idunno

You make chicken ornaments /plushies?! Where can I see some photos? I'd love to see them.

Keep us posted, Cap. They might surprise you. If not, it’ll be interesting to see what the shipper saysand does about it, but the issue is most likely going to be with the postal service. My chicks were shipped on a Monday, sat on the loading dock overnight in Casper on Wednesday, and not received here until Thursday. It was -17. Yep, 17 degrees below zero. Lost a couple, and our postmistress said that express shipping guarantees go out the window with day old chicks. Says the same thing on the the My Pet Chicken website. I’m sorry this is happening.

You make chicken ornaments /plushies?! Where can I see some photos? I'd love to see them.

These have 2 inch plastic balls inside of them; the plushies are identical, they just have fiber fill inside instead. I sold some at the feed store at Christmas, and was asked if I could come up with a sewn version. . . Still working on that.
20171219_134507.jpg

Look familiar?
20171219_134253.jpg

Back
Top Bottom