The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good Morning.

Hey! We have tree people coming tomorrow but not cutting any down yet, just to look at the trees and give a price. My mom's been saying for years that some of our pine trees are way too close to the house but my dad's always kind of dismissed it cause pine trees have deep roots and are strong, etc. Well, seeing how so many trees fell with all the recent storms, including giant seemingly healthy pines snapped like twigs, he has changed his tune lol plus if you really look at them, a lot of the ones closest to the house and chickens are actually rotted or sickly with holes all over. One is just lots of little teeny holes and I saw a beetle on it but one of them, the whole roots are all eaten by termites and there's huge like inch or inch and a half holes in some spots and one spot is missing bark and evidently been pecked by woodpeckers. It is also hollow inside. He didn't realize any of this until recently and we're actually surprised it's 1. Still standing and 2. Still technically alive. Cause it does have green branches way up top. Hut obviously not as many or bushy as the huge thriving one next to it. But yeah, anyway. They need to come down. So they are coming to look tomorrow.

Pine trees have fairly shallow roots especially for the height of the older ones. Around here after heavy rains, followed by high winds...many just topple over pulling the root ball out with them. For decades we have had pine beetle issues killing the older pine trees - so sad. Hope y'all do remove the ones that endanger your home and coop.

Debby,
But, you have TWO weeks - enjoy every minute :) And Sunday and Mondays off, that is so much better than your past work schedule.

Also my birthday is Saturday so we are somewhat going for that too.

Happy Birthday, hope Saturday is a great, fun day!

Ended up with an angry cat burrito/wet rat. :lau

Oh my, I only tried bathing one cat in the past - got it done, but was afraid I would need stitches ;) .....but Buddy does wash his head when he drinks from the sinks, leaving him a spike hairdo :lau

Guess that’ll be an Ambien-and-a-half night! Um, she didn’t that was a good idea

The sleep labs around here give Ambien for anyone who cannot sleep with the masks. Good luck, hope your test is negative :fl

my 4 day weekend starts! :yesss:

Mine started last night at 8 pm - off til monday :bun

Ah okay. Well, I might call the association even though we don't technically live there lol cause it's a little ridiculous leaving that, don't you think? Or is it just me?
If it is private property I'm not sure I would be making noise about the tree.

Ended up with an angry cat burrito/wet rat. :lau
Yep, looks REAL unhappy.

I love this pic! Looks like we have run out of 'Road Closed' signs so employing some locals :lau
I love it too, and facing opposite directions even. Must have been quite the flow to leave that much rock across the road.

You think cats hate baths? You outta try giving them enemas. <sigh>
Sounds like another story for a book.

Guess that’ll be an Ambien-and-a-half night! Um, she didn’t that was a good idea so she’ll have to take what she can get.
I guess that would depend on what they are looking for!

Oh, and guess which ninny didn't lock one of the quail cages this morning after giving them fresh food?!
DH. blame DH!

Back
Top Bottom