The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Sneaky spammers!

I rarely get anything like what you get. Although I was getting frequent phone calls and mail from a company wanting to update the warranty on my Kia Soul. Finally I answered one of their calls and explained that car was totaled almost 2 years ago so they could quit wasting their time. Hmm, haven't heard from them since!

Our former neighbors have invited us to their new home for Easter Dinner....they used to include us in their family event. They are lovely folks and am looking forward to it.

And trying to decide how to dye really brown eggs :lau . Our past "brown" eggs were actually more pink, but the Wellies' eggs are really dark brown, more chocolate in color. Will be interesting to try.
You could hard boil them, set them unpeeled in dye and end up with streaks of color. You might have to help the shells along a bit.
Or, leave them the way they are... that's probably something they don't see every day.

Sneaky spammers!

I rarely get anything like what you get. Although I was getting frequent phone calls and mail from a company wanting to update the warranty on my Kia Soul. Finally I answered one of their calls and explained that car was totaled almost 2 years ago so they could quit wasting their time. Hmm, haven't heard from them since!
What, they actually LISTENED??

View attachment 1318799
Spammers call me from woodland all the time!

re directs...
Yeah, I get "local" calls a lot as well. We don't answer those either. Caller ID is useful. If they really do want to talk to us they will leave a message. And if we want to talk to them, we will pick up when they start the message and we know who it is.

Or, leave them the way they are... that's probably something they don't see every day.
That is what our family will get this year, nice shades of brown, blue and green. I did boil 5 of the Exchequer eggs incase the DDs want to dye some but they aren't even up to USDA Medium so kinda small to say "here are your 2 eggs for dinner".

I used to make these all the time (Not as nice mind you)
cb16ca9521ee1c044ba1762dbfaa0965.jpg

I still have the supplies somewhere....

The hotel was announcing your Birthday so EVERYONE one be awake for it.

Happy birthday.

LOL that must be it!

Thank you.

Have a terrific birthday!

Thanks!

What, they actually LISTENED??

Yeah, I get "local" calls a lot as well. We don't answer those either. Caller ID is useful. If they really do want to talk to us they will leave a message. And if we want to talk to them, we will pick up when they start the message and we know who it is.

I get local calls a lot lately

Sneaky spammers!

A fellow at work answers those and does a flip and tries to sell them something, they always hang up and bet ya they remove him from their call lists :lau

I used to make these all the time (Not as nice mind you)
View attachment 1318830

I still have the supplies somewhere....

Wish you had some pics of yours.

Ok, you can dye brown eggs -
IMG_7317.jpg

And they don't really take so long to do. I used 1 tablespoon of vinegar in each 1 cup of hot water. The black one was the first try - thought I needed a lot of food color and overdid the blue ( blue won't work) - added a few splashes of others and got a black egg :cool:...Red is easy, Greens are all olive unless you use a lot of green dye. The pink one was an experiment in yellow ( should have left it that lovely bronze color) - then in red, a try at purple...wiped it all off and back to the red and a lovely pinkish color :)

The scratches are from too much manipulation with a teaspoon instead of letting them just rest in the dye cups :idunno

A fellow at work answers those and does a flip and tries to sell them something, they always hang up and bet ya they remove him from their call lists :lau

Wish you had some pics of yours.

Ok, you can dye brown eggs - View attachment 1318903

And they don't really take so long to do. I used 1 tablespoon of vinegar in each 1 cup of hot water. The black one was the first try - thought I needed a lot of food color and overdid the blue ( blue won't work) - added a few splashes of others and got a black egg :cool:...Red is easy, Greens are all olive unless you use a lot of green dye. The pink one was an experiment in yellow ( should have left it that lovely bronze color) - then in red, a try at purple...wiped it all off and back to the red and a lovely pinkish color :)

The scratches are from too much manipulation with a teaspoon instead of letting them just rest in the dye cups :idunno

Your eggs turned out beautifully!

Back
Top Bottom