The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Things that are trying to kill you in Aus …

We have a Stinging Tree in Queensland which while it may not kill you, doses out searing, blinding agony. I quote the fact sheet on it “It is not going to kill you with venom, but suicide could sound like a good option, yes, it’s that bad

There are 520 species of spider wriggling around Australia, most of which are extremely venomous; worth mentioning are: Red Back, Mouse spider, Wolf spider, Black House spider and Funnel Web spider.

Salt water crocodiles.

Cone Snails.

Sharks.

Jellyfish.

Giant Centipedes which can kill and eat a snake.

Snakes.

Sting Rays.

Scorpions.

Dingoes.

Blue-Ringed Octopus.

Paralysis tick.

Cassowaries – living versions of the raptors from Jurassic Park.

Stonefish.

.. and of course, the heat! :lau
I will never visit Australia!! I guess we live in paradise here:gig
Hey Debby

Yep, I get paid all recreation leave owing .. because it will be a lump sum, the Tax Man will take 30-40% of it but then he will have to give it back to me at the end of the financial year.
Do they know you are looking for a new job?

Good morning everyone!

Off to a slow start today, looks like it's going to be a multi-cup of coffee day. It's going to be a bit chilly too...in the 30's now and only going to get about 10* warmer, with rain expected.

@Teila I've been enjoying your new member greetings with the animals (like this):
Aussie hello.jpg

Very nice!

One of the youngest litter of rabbits peed on me yesterday. I was surprised. Never had a rabbit do that before.

You haven't been doing this long, have you?! :gigBaby rabbits do it all the time - I had a friend who said she could sex 'em that way (if the pee just dribbles down the tail, it's a doe, if it squirts you in the eye, it's a buck!). They usually get over it about the time their eyes open; it's one of the reasons that I don't usually let people hold them when they are that young.

Bucks spraying is a different matter. Some aren't bad, with others, it's like a hobby. I had a Jersey Wooly (small, long-haired breed) that I had to make sure that everything that I put on the grooming table before him was a buck, because if he smelled doe-smell, he would write "Ziggie was here" across my shirt! :barnie(No putting a lid on that!!)

A friend took Ziggie's son Wizard to his first show for me. I've learned that tattoos that make a word are easier for a judge to read, so this rabbit's tattoo was the first part of his name, WIZ. Well, that silly boy got so excited, he sprayed the judge! The judge took it in stride; as he went on with his examination and looked in the ear for the tattoo, he laughed. "I should have looked here first! It's not like I wasn't warned," he said.:gig

Back
Top Bottom