The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

The main problem we had with growing sunflowers in FL were the squirrels. They would wait until the flowers reached their highest growth and then climb up the thick stalks to gnaw off the heads. I was trying to grow them for my flock but I think the darned squirrels got most of them.
That happened at our prior house in the city. Dang squirrels hacked off the heads way early then left them because the seeds weren't ready.

Here in the desert we don't really have squirrels. Just sayin.

just got back from the house. Kitchen was gutted by the time I left. They said the rest of the floors will be done before they go.

I had them double check the thickness of the sub floor because one was worrying that the doors wouldnt shut if we got it built up too thick. I reminded them that the Carpet and padding were going to go that accounts for at least a half inch thickness.

He pulled up the sample and said the floors were two layers one of plywood and one with very nasty OSB. Circa 1984... He said it was quarter inch thick but I could see from twenty feet away it was more than a qquarter inch.. The older brother said something to him in spanish and he got out his measuring tape. Yep Half inch thick.

They had been having a devil of a time removing the linoleum. Now they dug a bit deeper and the OSB came up in very manageable chunks bringing the linoleum with it. The carpet is on top of the linoleum so this is all good.

deb

just got back from the house. Kitchen was gutted by the time I left. They said the rest of the floors will be done before they go.

I had them double check the thickness of the sub floor because one was worrying that the doors wouldnt shut if we got it built up too thick. I reminded them that the Carpet and padding were going to go that accounts for at least a half inch thickness.

He pulled up the sample and said the floors were two layers one of plywood and one with very nasty OSB. Circa 1984... He said it was quarter inch thick but I could see from twenty feet away it was more than a qquarter inch.. The older brother said something to him in spanish and he got out his measuring tape. Yep Half inch thick.

They had been having a devil of a time removing the linoleum. Now they dug a bit deeper and the OSB came up in very manageable chunks bringing the linoleum with it. The carpet is on top of the linoleum so this is all good.

deb

That sounds very promising. I do hope it all comes together for you with minimal hiccups along the way.

Happy Easter everyone. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow. It's been fine here, as per usual. I think most of NZ is sick and tired of sunshine and dry weather. We are long overdue for some much needed rain, but it's not looking that hopeful in the short term.

Covid-19 cases here went up a bit on Friday with 44 new cases, but that dropped to 29 yesterday and it's down to 18 new cases today. Sadly though, 3 people have died in the last couple of days, taking our death toll to 4. All have been elderly people.

Happy Easter everyone. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow. It's been fine here, as per usual. I think most of NZ is sick and tired of sunshine and dry weather. We are long overdue for some much needed rain, but it's not looking that hopeful in the short term.

Covid-19 cases here went up a bit on Friday with 44 new cases, but that dropped to 29 yesterday and it's down to 18 new cases today. Sadly though, 3 people have died in the last couple of days, taking our death toll to 4. All have been elderly people.
Locally we are doing fairly will in our County. Not so good in other parts of the Country!

1586657816357.png

Fingers crossed it stays that way. :fl

My Mum was a bit sad she couldn't see her grandkids for easter, but we'll have a belated easter party when we can.
We will see what happens after tomorrow in the US. I have a suspicion that a lot of Families and churches will break isolation for Easter

Back
Top Bottom