The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Morning Blooie :frow

What's this I read about a new house? Tell us more!

Hope the kids & grands are doing well.
I have so much to share it’s crazy! So that post is gonna have to wait until I can actually sit down at the computer. Right now my computer is packed and either in storage unit 3, storage unit 5, the hot tub room, the garage, Tam’s house or Kenny’s house! <sigh>

I have so much to share it’s crazy! So that post is gonna have to wait until I can actually sit down at the computer. Right now my computer is packed and either in storage unit 3, storage unit 5, the hot tub room, the garage, Tam’s house or Kenny’s house! <sigh>

Oops, just saw this...take your time, we'll be here when you have a moment!

i hit 65, i don't recommend it.
The alternative isn't necessarily better!! Have fun with Medicare ;)

I thought we had blue jays but they're actually California Scrub jays
They are blue so I think you can call them blue jays!

It’s all Bruce’s fault
:D

I gave up on trying to make it until midnight a long time ago.
Midnight in Greenland is 8 PM at your house. Close enough.

Is it in a different location than your old house?
Nope, old trailer made its way to someone who needed it. Poor Blooie and Ken lived in the camper in the yard and had to look at the 2 halves of their new house in the lot across the street waiting for it to get placed on the new foundation.

You better tell her about your new house, she asked if you had moved yet.

My poor DS is not very well. He's picked up a bit of a stomach bug (not sure from where as we don't go anywhere). At first it was just a sore stomach (I thought it might have been a sugar overload from all our leftovers) but this morning he's been vomiting a bit. :(

And madam house cow is looking tasty. 🤣 She's started holding up her milk and barely giving me any. I'm just trying to decide the best course of action going forward. She can be a stubborn little brat when she wants to be. I don't think she'll be my long-term house cow but she's all I've got at the moment.

And I've had to bring 2 cockatiel chicks in a little ahead of schedule because the parent/s started plucking them. But they are eating well and they are going to be pretty birds once their feathers open up.

We have one older cockatiel we will be keeping. He eats and drinks just fine, and he weaned just like the others, but he's very scruffy. He tries to preen himself but doesn't do a very good job (some of the base of his feathers haven't lost their pin feather coating). He's also very clumsy and pretty 'slow' in general. His siblings were all fine and we've kept his older brother for breeding because of the mutations he's carrying (whiteface and lutino). But I'm not sure what happened to Dash here. He's as sweet as honey but I wouldn't like to sell him just in case something is wrong.

Dash 2.jpg Dash.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Let’s see….working hard to get better, still traveling a bit for Ken’s Masonic activities, hiding from Covid, and moving the old trailer house off our lot and having our new home put up. We just started moving in December 4th, but then Christmas happened so we took a break and will get back at it. Kids are all fine, grandkids doing great, and I’m slowly but steadily improving my numbers. Life is good.
Your numbers?

My poor DS is not very well. He's picked up a bit of a stomach bug (not sure from where as we don't go anywhere). At first it was just a sore stomach (I thought it might have been a sugar overload from all our leftovers) but this morning he's been vomiting a bit. :(

And madam house cow is looking tasty. 🤣 She's started holding up her milk and barely giving me any. I'm just trying to decide the best course of action going forward. She can be a stubborn little brat when she wants to be. I don't think she'll be my long-term house cow but she's all I've got at the moment.

And I've had to bring 2 cockatiel chicks in a little ahead of schedule because the parent/s started plucking them. But they are eating well and they are going to be pretty birds once their feathers open up.

We have one older cockatiel we will be keeping. He eats and drinks just fine, and he weaned just like the others, but he's very scruffy. He tries to preen himself but doesn't do a very good job (some of the base of his feathers haven't lost their pin feather coating). He's also very clumsy and pretty 'slow' in general. His siblings were all fine and we've kept his older brother for breeding because of the mutations he's carrying (whiteface and lutino). But I'm not sure what happened to Dash here. He's as sweet as honey but I wouldn't like to sell him just in case something is wrong.

View attachment 2944452View attachment 2944454

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Sorry to hear your DS isn't feeling well Jae, hope he's better soon.

Love seeing some new pictures of your little birds!

My goodness you kids are chipper in the early morning. 😁. Went to see a nephrologist this morning. Long story short, looks like my kidneys are good, and I , don't, have an adrenal problem! Mammogram yesterday looked good, they just can't figure out my woozy head. I don't think that will ever be resolved now. Bummer. :(. Oh well, no one ever said getting older is a fun trip.

Back
Top Bottom