The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

My new year is made! The lutino pearl I had selected to keep (so she stayed in the nestbox for her parents to raise) I discovered today is actually a cinnamon lutino pearl. The cinnamon gives a very subtle lavender wash and you can see it more in her tail feathers (which is where I spotted it). There was a very low chance of one popping out from that pairing. :woot

Now to breed her a suitable mate.
Cinnamon pearl lutino.jpg

Cinnamon lutino colouring.jpg

I've been doing a bit of nest swapping to keep ages closer together (the last 2 clutches had big age gaps between the first chicks and their siblings so they got rearranged), but these are the older 2 who I had to bring in because they were starting to get plucked.
This is the lutino's sister:
Cinnamon pearl girl 1.jpg
And a pearl pied who is mostly yellow:
Pearl Pied 1.jpg
I can't tell this ones gender from its mutations, but it looks very like its dad in its face.

His dad is in this photo on the left with his adopted son, Dragon, and his mate, Opal.
Family Photo.jpg

My new year is made! The lutino pearl I had selected to keep (so she stayed in the nestbox for her parents to raise) I discovered today is actually a cinnamon lutino pearl. The cinnamon gives a very subtle lavender wash and you can see it more in her tail feathers (which is where I spotted it). There was a very low chance of one popping out from that pairing. :woot

View attachment 2946126

View attachment 2946125

I've been doing a bit of nest swapping to keep ages closer together (the last 2 clutches had big age gaps between the first chicks and their siblings so they got rearranged), but these are the older 2 who I had to bring in because they were starting to get plucked.
View attachment 2946127
View attachment 2946129
I can't tell this ones gender from its mutations, but it looks very like its dad in its face.

His dad is in this photo on the left with his adopted son, Dragon, and his mate, Opal.
View attachment 2946128
I love them!

View attachment 2946126

View attachment 2946125

View attachment 2946127
View attachment 2946129

View attachment 2946128
Beautiful birds Jae!

Back
Top Bottom