The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Are Speed Queens a good machine? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that brand.
They are excellent - so reliable that they are the brand used in laundromats. They’ve been around for over 100 years and are still made in the same plant where they started out, right here in the US.

The tub is held in place by coiled springs, not rods. When we were shopping, the dealer had me open any washers, any brands, of my choice and move the drum as if there was an unbalanced load in it. Those drums (and I did this with 4 different brands of top loaders) bashed around inside the machine housing like popcorn in popper! The Speed Queen had movement but it was negligible in comparison, which means less wear on the machine. The drum is also heavier stainless steel coated - it won’t flake off like it does in other machines. There’s no little plastic lid lock to break off. Those locks are there so you can’t open the washer once it’s in operation, and they have a tendency to snap off so not having them is just one less thing to break. We did a ton of research before we decided on the Speed Queen. Sure, people have still had issues with some of the machines, but not nearly the problems with most washers. The same machines sold for heavy use and abuse in commercial laundries are the ones sold for home use. This will be the last washer we ever buy and I don’t want to be fiddling with it constantly.

https://speedqueen.com/products/top-load-washers/tc5003wn/

We got this TC Series in silver and white…the salesman said the TC with the black and white trim, while more expensive, has had a few more repair problems.

I'm always whining about the adobe mud in my yard when it rains or snows. But my pup Gertie loves playing in it.
That is until she has to stay in the mud room while she dries. She pouts and gives me that "poor poor pitiful me" look 🥺
View attachment 2969888

Poor Gertie! Good thing dogs are forgiving creatures.

Lost one of my flock just a bit ago. When I first saw her this morning she was sitting in a nesting box and I thought maybe the long egg drought was over. But as the morning went on, her head and eyes sank lower and lower. DH was ready to dispatch her but she had already gone. RIP Eenie ❤️

:frow Hi DMC! 🌷 It's snowing here
It’s flurrying here.
They are excellent - so reliable that they are the brand used in laundromats. They’ve been around for over 100 years and are still made in the same plant where they started out, right here in the US.

The tub is held in place by coiled springs, not rods. When we were shopping, the dealer had me open any washers, any brands, of my choice and move the drum as if there was an unbalanced load in it. Those drums (and I did this with 4 different brands of top loaders) bashed around inside the machine housing like popcorn in popper! The Speed Queen had movement but it was negligible in comparison, which means less wear on the machine. The drum is also heavier stainless steel coated - it won’t flake off like it does in other machines. There’s no little plastic lid lock to break off. Those locks are there so you can’t open the washer once it’s in operation, and they have a tendency to snap off so not having them is just one less thing to break. We did a ton of research before we decided on the Speed Queen. Sure, people have still had issues with some of the machines, but not nearly the problems with most washers. The same machines sold for heavy use and abuse in commercial laundries are the ones sold for home use. This will be the last washer we ever buy and I don’t want to be fiddling with it constantly.

https://speedqueen.com/products/top-load-washers/tc5003wn/

We got this TC Series in silver and white…the salesman said the TC with the black and white trim, while more expensive, has had a few more repair problems.
Is that something you had to special order? Let me know how you like it after you’ve had it a bit :D
Mine has that lock thing but I can pause it at any time during the cycle. I want a basic machine with no fancy bells or whistles that can handle a large load without going off balance and taking out the wall. I got this one in September. It is pretty but I’m betting it won’t last 2 years. My sister came for Christmas and she said I think there is something wrong with your machine.

@janiedoe I saw where you asked about @igorsMistress on a new member greeting. I was in touch with her a few days ago...she's been tied up and hasn't had free time but says she'll be back as soon as able.

She was on her thread for a couple minutes early this morning: Fugly Farm
Uh oh. I meant to ask on This thread. Lol.
Lost one of my flock just a bit ago. When I first saw her this morning she was sitting in a nesting box and I thought maybe the long egg drought was over. But as the morning went on, her head and eyes sank lower and lower. DH was ready to dispatch her but she had already gone. RIP Eenie ❤️
I'm so sorry about Ernie, Debbie.

:hugs I'm so sorry Debby. 😞

Poor girl. We lost an old bantam recently - she was such a pretty, elegant girl too. Fine in the afternoon then when I went to give them dinner and lock them up she was dead under the roost.

I can't believe your flock is 6 already!

Back
Top Bottom